E P I L O G U E

There is no epilogue.

Because as I was writing this ending and talking to my friends (huge thanks to jlou_723 and Scintillahx and smittenwriter23 for your encouragement as I thought it through!), I realized that I couldn't possibly wrap this up in one book.

And so there will be a sequel.

I was going to try—I was going to try to have Bren wrap up his character arc and go after his dad within the last five chapters of this story. But I realized that it wasn't giving him the space he needed to grow. As we saw in chapter forty-nine especially, he simply hasn't developed yet in the way that Madie has. In a way, this was truly her story. So I ended it here instead.

The Fire We Started is for Bren, and it is the second story in the Wildfire Series.

****

For the past three years, Bren Hadaway has been preparing to die.

When he was sixteen, he watched his dad murder his mom. And ever since, he's been counting down the days until it was his turn to be at the end of a gun. And Bren has never really cared. His hellish childhood combined with his learning disability have instilled in him the idea that having a real future was never in his cards.

Until now.

Bren spent his first semester of college falling in love with the one girl he'd do anything to live for. He relived his past, fought his demons, and gave up on his own goals—all so he could help Madie Lenertz escape her abusive boyfriend.

But now Bren has no choice but to find his dad so he can quit looking over his shoulder. So he can stop waiting to die. Because suddenly the only thing in the world that Bren Hadaway wants is a future. And he wants it with her.

****

The Fire We Started is now completed and available to read on my profile. Currently ongoing is the third book in the Wildfire Series, All the Wild Ones. It features Nessa. The forth and final story in the series is reserved for Beau. <3

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this story. I appreciate it more than you know. Your support and readership means the absolute world to me. IBWU is near and dear to my heart. Bren isn't a real person, but his backstory is. The good news is that the boy I know who watched his dad kill his mom is happily adopted now. And Madie isn't real, but the things she went through are the struggles of so many women.

I hope the story wormed its way into your heart a little bit, too. 

Let me know what you thought about it! Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated. 

And please know that you're never alone in the world. My DMs are always open.

🖤
xoxo