Chapter 22

Third person's pov

Daniel held her hand and lead her upstairs to the terrace. The whole place had been decorated with flowers, fairy lights and candles. The perfect setting. He could just not wait wait to tell her.

'Daniel?' Layla asked again in a worried voice. 'Look at the view' he whispered in her ear.

She looked and was astonished. This view was even better than the one he had from his penthouse. Plus you could see the wide open sky as well.

Layla went a little forward and kept looking. 'This is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. My god.' she whispered. 'Yeah. Growing up this was my favourite place. I always came here and would just here for hours.' I told her.

'Well it is a calming place. I had one just like this, back in my hometown.' she said.

Daniel smiled looking at her. His favourite person in his favourite place.

He did not want to hold back anymore. Now was the perfect time.

While Daniel was standing there with her he reflected on his life, what he was and what he is now. He had everything he wanted now except for one thing, The love of the girl he loved.

He put his both hands on her waist and turned her around. She was looking surprised. 'Daniel, what are you.....' she tried to ask him but he kept a finger on her lips and shushed her.

Running a hand lovingly through her face he said, 'Today whatever I am , a huge part of it is because of you Layla. And from now on, everything I have is yours. All I really want is your love. I love you Layla. Be mine. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy' he said and closed his eyes leaned forward to kiss her but to his surprise she pushed him away.

Shocked,He looked up at her to see that she was looking angry and had tears in her eyes. 'No!' she said firmly. 'No, I will never love you.' she said and ran away.

Daniel was confused for a while but then ran after her. He held her hand to stop her from going away.

'What happened?' he asked her. 'You are asking me what happened Daniel. Forget it. Forget all of it. I am going away.' Layla said.

'BUT WHY? I love you layla.' He said with a cracked voice. 'Well I don't.' she replied.

This was not how he had planned for it to go. 'BUT WHY are you saying no layla? I.... Do I lack anything? I have it all. If there's anything more you want me to change I can do it for you layla. I can.... I can give you everything you want and evermore.' He said almost begging her to stay and say yes.

She just shook her head. She had never thought something like this would happen. 'I don't want anything Daniel. I am pretty happy with my life. And you don't need to change. Atleast for me. You.... You are a nice man but I... I don't feel the same way towards you.' she said.

'Well, maybe it's because you.... You didn't see me that way. We can... We can go on a date.... We..... We will go ahead date, take a chance and then decide, right?' he asked her. This cannot happen, the one girl he loved cannot say no to him.

'No....' Layla sighed. 'Daniel no matter what happens I can never see you in a diffrent light, it's not possible.' she said. All she really wanted to do was go away than stay here to answer these questions.

'BUT WHY?' he asked her again. 'Do you remember highschool Daniel?' Layla asked him in a quiet voice. His eyes widened after that.

Highschool.