Encountering the Black Cat

A black cat laid down comfortably on the navy ship, purring as a chubby dark skinned man stroked her belly. She closes her eyes in bliss, about to fall asleep on the ledge.

"What's that?" A lanky pale man asked, looking down at the floating barrel.

"Let's find out" the dark man grabbed a rope with a hook at the end, swinging it and throwing it besides it 3 times.

"Ugh I missed again!"

His friend laughs "strike 3 pal"

"I'd be embarrassed" a voice says above them "you suck" the black haired man says

The feline as well couldn't help but laugh mentally 'god for someone trained he sure doesn't know to catch'

The dark man blushed in embarrassment and went again, smirking as he was finally able to secure the hooked rope around it.

"What was that about me sucking"

"Cheap shot!" The black haired man with pale skin snickers

The two down below lift the surprisingly heavy barrel up in effort, dropping it to the ground.

"Maybe it's filled with beer"

"Well it's our beer now"

'Doesn't smell like it' she giggles in amusement. 'They'll find out soon'

The man at the top of the lookout tower stared out with a look of shock and alarm "Ship of the starboard stern! There's a pirate flag on its mast! We've got a pirate ship in pursuit! Enemy raid! Enemy raid!"

The two men drop the barrel and run off screaming. The black cat shakes her head with a sigh 'They need to man up' she cocks her head to the side as she watches the barrel roll down the stairs 'And this person is not even phased'

She runs down the stairs in curiosity, turning as the barrel did and into the now open room. She lays on her side besides it, swishing her tail back and forth.

OoO

"H-hello" a boy with pink hair and round glasses sticks his head through the door hesitantly. "I really hope no ones in here" he states, walking inside.

His black eyes make contact with honey ones in surprise "oh hey there kitty. What are you doing down here?" He asks, patting her soft coat.

"Meow" he picks her up, positing her to her side on his chest, stroking her head.

"That's a rather large barrel... I wonder what's inside of it" he puts her down gently on her feet, rolling the barrel towards the door with all high might.

'What the hell is in here?!' He thought

The feline mentally laughs at his struggle. She frowns as 3 men that looked like thugs towered over the teen with grim looks.

"Well if it isn't our favourite coward. Are you trying to hide out in hear and duck out on all the action?" A rather chubby bronze man asks distastefully.

"N-no way! I was just trying to haul this big barrel of beer over to you guys!" He explains, waving his hands in the air.

The tan man with an 'S' tattoos looks down the barrel with a look that equalled lust.

The chubby man chuckles "why don't you let us lighten it up for ya?"

"I was just starting to get thirsty" the 'S' tattooed man says

"You can't!" The boy exclaims "Lady Alvida will kill us if she ever found out!"

"She won't if you keep your trap shut. Right Coby?"