【八十八】 midnight dancing

"i'm heading to bed now~ goodnight!"

the words dayoung said hours ago seemed to have contradicted what her conscious was actually going to do.

although she was exhausted from a full day of practice, once she stepped out of the shower, her mind seemed to be wide awake.

she laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling that she could just barely make out with the help of the moonlight peeking through the curtains.

the 01:00 on her clock turned into 02:00 in the blink of an eye. her stomach growled and as she contemplated getting up and going to the kitchen, 02:00 turned into 03:00. letting out a sigh, she sat up, and flicked the bedside lamp on and unplugged her phone. after she shuffled her most recently played playlist, she adjusted the volume so it wouldn't disturb the others and made her way to the kitchen.

dayoung's stomach let out a low rumble once again and she stepped into the open room. while humming to the song playing, she set her phone down on the counter, turning the volume up with just a few presses and rummaged through the fridge for any leftovers.

"tell me what to do, i don't know what to do," she sang along. "your love is just a memory."

"baby, it's your last time to give me your best try," a voice behind her continued, causing the girl to jump and turn around to the source.

"and to give your heart to me~"

johnny stood there, leaning against the marble island with a soft smile directed at her. he walked over to her phone and skipped to the next song. upon doing so, the two basked in the pretty melody of dean's half moon.

"is this playlist all dean songs?" johnny joked.

"supporting my biggest crush," dayoung bumped his shoulder before opening a cabinet beside the fridge. "you know my passcode, just choose a different playlist."

"i thought i was your biggest crush?"

she glanced back and sent him a cheeky grin.

johnny unlocked her phone and pressed on a song, letting it play for a few seconds before changing it again. he repeated this for several more songs until he finally found an upbeat track, tugging dayoung away from the pantry and moving her arms with his.

she recognized the song as somebody to you by the vamps and giggled up at him.

"you know this song?" she asked, dancing around.

"of course i do. maybe you're just not interested in me."

he leaned down to touch her forehead with his and scrunched his nose at her. then he pulled away and they jumped around the kitchen.

"everybody's tryna be a billionaire but every time i look at you, i just don't care," the two of them sung loudly, forgetting all about the sleeping members. "all i wanna be, all i ever wanna be is somebody to you."

the night dragged on with dayoung and johnny both dancing to whatever song came on, sliding around the kitchen floor and drinking cartons of flavored milk and juice.

morning came and the boys woke up and waltzed into the living room. there they were met with the sight of their youngest sleeping on johnny's chest, milk cartons and snack packages surrounding the couch they were on.

終。
unrelated to nct but i would drop to my knees for choi bomin :D i'm trying to make time to write but i already have thirteen school assignments???? like pls [ ˵ ︿ ˵ ]