Day 21 Play

Day 21

I have never really liked jewellery. The only ornament I've ever liked the most is a ring.

Until the day, I was wearing jewellery each and every damn day. Even though I did not like it. Some days, I would wear bangles and other days I would wear a necklace. Basically, I wore some jewellery everyday. But today, I decided not to wear them. I just wore mangalsutra and two rings on my ring finger of each hand.

As I was combing my hair sitting in front of the mirror, Vansh entered my room without knocking. I didn't really mind that. I guess I already achieved a level of comfort with him where he can enter my room without knocking. The nights we spent sleeping cuddled up to each other did help.

I would be lying if I say that I had no idea how all this happened between us and how I was able to accept everything so easily. I could feel the change, I could feel it was happening slowly but surely. I remember, when I changed school, I was practically sulking because I would have to leave behind my friends.

Also, when two of my childhood best friends, Sakshi and Shreya left the city for their hometown, I basically threw a tantrum and tried to convince their parents to not leave, to which they laughed it off.

But with this guy, it's been so easy. Be it the first day we met, according to me, or the engagement or marriage. He walked towards the dressing table, where I was sitting and stood behind me. He was looking amazing as always, wearing a simple black 'tight' t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

I kept the comb on the dressing table and looked at him through the mirror, raising my eyebrows.

"You're not wearing any jewellery, feeling light today?"

"Yes. I was actually tired of them."

"Good, Your do, look relieved. Your movements are also relaxed"

"What do you mean?" I asked him, tilting my head towards the left, not clearly understanding him.

"When you wear those ornaments, your head movements and body movements are all really constricted than normal"

I registered this new information in my head and moved my head sideways to check. He was right. It felt like I was moving my head without anything pinning me or stopping me. No annoying ear-rings and necklace.

Vansh laughed out keeping his hands on my shoulders and shaking his head. After a few seconds, he leaned down to take the comb and that is when I saw the gold chain I gifted him on his birthday.

He still had that chain?

I gave him that chain on his birthday, when everything was really awkward between us. That was the day after both of our families met for our marriage thing. I really did not know what to give him, so I asked dadi-ma for help. She told me to get him something useful but I wanted to get him something that he could keep.