Walk

Cove's POV
"Cove baby, wake up." I groaned and pulled the warm blanket up above my head. My bed feels oddly comfortable today.

I heard River chuckle, wait, when did he get here? Then it all hit me, I'm at his house in his bed.

In one swift movement, he pulled me out of bed and onto my feet. I blinked a couple of times and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning," I yawned and wrapped my arms around River's stomach. "Good morning baby," he replied and pulled me in closer.

We stayed like that for a moment and my eyes started closing as I sunk into his warm embrace. With his strong arms holding me against him and my head resting on his hard chest, I'm going to fall back asleep.

"Let's go to your house so that you can change. We can eat there or grab food on the way," River suggested, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Okay, let's go," I agreed and ran to grab my clothes from yesterday, all of my sleepiness suddenly forgotten.
I went to his bathroom and quickly put them on, then went back to his room.

"Do you want to go to the bakery near my house? It has really good food," River asked once I re-entered.

"Sure," I answered and grabbed his hand. We walked downstairs and River put on his shoes, then we got into his white car. River drove silently while I focused on looking through the window.

The bakery was only about 5 minutes from his house, so we got there quickly.
River opened the door for me and we went inside.

The place is small but cozy. There's a big display case in the front incasing dozens upon dozens of donuts and other pastries.

After looking at everything for the fifth time, I decided on a glazed donut.

River was still looking, so I gently tugged on his shirt to get his attention. He immediately looked down a gave me a small smile.

"Um, can you please order for me? I want the glazed donut," I asked.

"Of course baby," he replied and pulled me closer to his side, wrapping an arm around my waist. As if sensing that we are ready to order, the owner came out from the back and walked up to the counter.

"Hi, what can I get you," the older woman asked.

"Can we have one glazed donut and one chocolate croissant?" River asked.

"Yes, of course," the woman replied and put our stuff in bags.

"That'll be 8.76, thank you," she said and handed us our stuff. River payed and we walked out. We walked to his car, and just as I was about to get in, River stopped me.

"Cove wait, I haven't had a kiss yet," he said. Oh my gosh, he's right. I totally forgot.

"Oops, sorry I forgot," I said and looked at him with an apologetic smile. River pulled me against him and softly attached our lips.

We kissed slow, but it was still equally as good as all of the other ones we've shared.

"I forgive you," River said with a smile as he pulled away.