Chapter-8

Emma's POV

I wake up to see Tony by my side licking my face. Like every other morning.

"Hey my baby, good morning sweetheart. Is my Tony hungry?"

"Woof!"

"Aww let me get ready then we'll have some yummy food."

As I enter the shower I see my reflection in the mirror. My hair is a big mess, my eyes are puffy, my face looks worn out and totally exhausted. That's when last night's events flash before my eyes.

Aunt Margery,Mom and Dad, Panic attack, Jon.........JON!

Oh God no. I can't believe I let Jon see me in such a vulnerable state. He is going to think that I'm an emotional mess who lacks mental stability. What if he keeps his distance from me? I'm pretty sure it was Jon who put me to bed last night. After all the crying, I don't think I had the energy to go to bed myself. But it was really sweet of him to be there for me. I'll quickly get ready and text him. I owe him an apology for being a total maniac last night.

I feel much better after the shower. There is definitely something therapeutic about a nice, warm bath. I wear a maroon floral wrap dress which reaches till my knee and I decide to leave my hair open.

"I guess I need to make a cup of coffee before I leave for work." I murmur to myself. All the crying I did last night has given me a headache.
As I go towards the kitchen I hear something shuffle in my couch. My steps come to a halt as I see what, or shall I say who is sleeping in my couch.

Jon, in all his glory is sleeping peacefully with the blanket all the way till his midriff. The couch being small cannot accommodate the whole of him because of which his legs are dangling from the armrest.
To say that I was enjoying my view would be an understatement. I was completely swooning over the man.

God took his own sweet time while creating him.

I could feel the heat in my face when I realized that he was shirtless. His arms look really strong and muscular, he has a broad chest and I can see his abs peeking from the blanket that is over him. He has a tanned complexion which naturally makes him 3 to 5 shades darker than me, since I am as pale as a ghost. The tan must be because of all the heavy work he does in the sun. I wonder if he is strong enough to carry me. Oh wait. He did carry me last night. That's how I ended up in the bed this morning. Oh my God I must've been so heavy for him! It must have felt as if he's carrying a whale! I mean it doesn't matter how bulgy his biceps are but carrying a whale that weighs 133 pounds ain't that easy.

"Good morning " his deep husky voice interrupts my thoughts. I see him standing but abruptly stops midway as he realizes that he doesn't have a shirt or any pants on. So he covers himself with the blanket turning a dark shade of red.

Cute.

" I'm so sorry for staying over. I didn't wanna leave you alone. You know after everything that happened last night. Oh and I'm also sorry about not having any clothes on. This is how I normally sleep. I wanted to get up before you but I guess I slept off." He says with a sheepish smile.

"I-It's a-alright. And th-thank you s-so much for la-last......"

"Okay how about I get dressed real quick? We'll talk then alright?" He says noticing my awkwardness in seeing him like this.

Unable to trust my own voice, I give him a simple nod and a polite smile.

"Oh and Emmy, do you mind giving me a spare toothbrush?"

Again, I nod my head and rush towards the bathroom for the brush.

I hear him coming towards me as I am in the kitchen making coffee. Here comes the difficult part. I don't know how I am supposed to face him. This is all so embarrassing. First he sees me crying like a baby, then I end up sleeping in his arms and if all that wasn't enough, I had him carry me to my room.

"Here you go" I say shyly whilst handing him the coffee.

"Thank you. How are you feeling now?"

"I'm good." I mumble.

"I'm once again sorry for staying over. I was genuinely worried about you and I didn't want you to wake up all alone. It really sucks to wake up with no one around, especially when you are upset.  I totally understand how it feels."

"You do?" I ask curiously. Now when I think about it, I do not know this person at all. I don't know where he is from, what his family does, if he's got any siblings, where he pursued his education from. I know absolutely nothing.

"Uhm yeah. Anyways I guess I'll head back to my place. Thank you for coffee Emmy." He says heading towards the door.

"Jon wait!"

"Yeah?"

"I uhm....I couldn't thank you enough for yesterday. Thank you so much Jonny. You might think I'm sugarcoating this but you have no idea how good it feels to finally have a shoulder to cry on. You being there kept me sane, at least a little bit. And I'm really sorry if I freaked you out last night. I didn't expect to have such kind of a break down. I guess I've been building it up in me for a long time and I finally found a release. And I'm also sorry to have you carry me back to bed. I bet my sweet donuts that I am heavy, I mean it's not easy to lift a 133 pound-"

My rambling was interrupted when Jon grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine. For a second everything around me stops. I guess even my heartbeat. I had no clue his lips were so soft and warm.

Before I could completely immerse myself in this relentless bliss, he pulls back and looks into my eyes with.........adoration? His eyes are so expressive. I can see the care, the gentleness and the concern he has for me merely through his eyes. My knees are growing weak and I feel like I will melt in his arms any minute.

"Even if you weighed a 1000 pounds, I bet your sweet donuts that I'll still carry you baby."