Chapter 23

Daniel's pov

Highschool.

'You are saying no to me right now bacause of something foolish I did in highschool.' He said.

'You made me a laughing stock Daniel. That's what it was. I was teased, isolated, bullied, I used to hate looking in the mirror, I would...... I would come back home every single day feeling horrible about myself. Grandma was old and I had no one to talk to. I was...... I felt lonely, I felt alone, like a mess, not good enough to do anything. I.... I knew u had some imperfections, maybe I look ugly, maybe I am fat but you teased and all the stuff you did made me feel worthless. A stupid, ugly person. So many times I would try to skip school to not go through another day of humiliation again.'she said and cried a little bit wiping her tears.

Her tears hurt me, my heart was beelding after seeing her cry. 'I.... I was stupid.... I didn't know that something I did just for fun would affect you so much.' I replied.

'No one does.' she whispered. 'Layla, I.... I was foolish, I am really very sorry. I should have known better.' I said to her holding her hand.

She took her hand away. 'I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Please, just give me a chance. Please forgive me.' I said. 'I love you layla.'

'I forgave you a long time ago Daniel.' she said calmly with no expressions on her face. 'Because I know that for you and your friends it didn't matter what I thought about all of you. The only person suffering in all this would have been me. In order to start everything new I had to get past what you all did and how I felt about myself. I had to be confident again. It would have not been possible if I didn't forgive and forget.' she replied.

'Layla, you.... You forgot everything right. Just like that... Let's start a new life layla. I will do whatever you want.' I said desperately.

'That's the sad part Daniel. I forgave but I never really forgot and to have a romantic relationship with you dosent seem right.' she said.

'Why it dosent seem right layla. I am ready to give you anything you want.' I replied and a lone tear escaped my eye.

'I don't want anything Daniel. I just can't.' she said.

'If you hate me this much why didn't you tell me that the day we met or when you cooked meals for me, or the numerous times we met at my parents s' house. I thought we were best friends. Layla, if you had told me before then.. Then I would have.... 'I tried to say but could not find any words.

' You would have what Daniel? I might not have liked you in the past but I am not heartless, the day we met was the day your father's accident took place, you were vulnerable and I am not that immature to keep digging up the past everywhere, when it comes down to cooking for you... It was just a nice gesture from me. Aunt Brenda told me to help you with cooking. And and I was nice to you also because you are UNCLE ROBERT'S SON.' He is like my father to me... Today whatever I am is because of him. How could I ever treat his son coldly?' she said.

'So this all a show. Our bonding, our friendship, everything we talked, we did, all because I was my father's son' I thought in back of my mind. My heart was just breaking.

'So we were never even friends according to you.' I said. 'We both have come out of highschool, we both have matured and I don't really like carry grudges, we are friends Daniel but we can never have a romantic relationship. I never expected that of all people you would.... Would...' she said.

'Fall deeply, madly in love with you.' I said completing her sentence and looking into the forest Green eyes.

'Why can't you even give me a chance?' I asked her. Desperation was clear in my voice.

'I can't look at you romantically. After all the things you have said and done to me.. I can't trust you with my feelings.' she replied now looking a but angry.

'What do you mean by that?' I asked her? '.'Today you like me, you like the way I look, the way I am but what if tomorrow something happens, I can't be like this anymore, I wouldn't look beautiful anymore, how can I trust you to love me the same, not leave me because of how i am then if in the past all you have done is... Is ridicule the way I look. The memories keep haunting me Daniel. With everything in my mind, how can I trust you with my feelings, my love, my future? 'she asked me.

'You are beautiful to me inside and out layla, I would never,never leave your layla. You... You are precious to me. You are my home. Forget those days layla, I was the one who who gave you pain, I will replace it all with happiness, made you sad, I will try to make you feel even more happy. I made you feel worthless, I will remind you every single day that your worth for me is more than that in gold. All the riches that I have mean nothing to me layla. I will.. I will be forever alone if you leave me. Layla I have never felt like this before. I love yo. I need you. I can't live without you. I dont care about anything else layla. I only want you. I am only yours.' I said cupping her face tears streaming down my face.

'I am really sorry Daniel. I can't. Please let me go.' Layla said turning around to and started walking away.

My knees touched the ground and I started crying. My heart broken to pieces.

Layla had ran away from me and left.

In my mind were the memories of my highschool where I had written my own destruction unknowingly.

The memories came back flooding in my mind.