Chapter 30

'Dark'

Y/n's pov

I was very cautious about my surroundings every step I take, It's like being in my house again trying not to wake up anyone while I sneak my way to the fridge at midnight.

I am used to being scared for my own life everytime I encounter dangerous people like my father, I'm scared of him. But this time it's a stranger who is a danger to everyone I know.

Instead of me acting alone, I have to worry about Mina's life and mine. The girl is too stubborn to leave me alone, I know I'm mad but I'm not that mad to not care about her safety.

I gently opened the cafeteria door and to my disappoint, No one is here. I groaned quietly and closed it back taking a breath.

"Are you okay?" Mina asked quietly, probably scared to make me mad.

"The parking lot. They should be there." I said and walked back to the hallway.

"Y/n, the parking lot is much more farther away from here. English class is much more closer, Lisa and Jennie are there."

I stopped in my tracks and completely forgot about the both of them. My mind is always on Chaeyoung that it didn't cross my mind if they were safe.

"English? They were probably in class, with a teacher. Chaeyoung is waiting for me to finish mine... I should've just sent her home."

I felt guilty with both Chaeyoung and Jennie. If only Chaeyoung went home, atleast in that way I know she's safe.

"Y/n I really need to know if they're safe." Mina said and I took a deep breath nodding.

"And I need to know If... if the girl I like is alive. She is probably with her cousin but I can't be sure because no faculty is watching the both of them." I tried to minimize my voice as we kept walking.

This was a bad idea... Mina should of stayed back where I know she's safe.

"If you want to go seperate ways then-"

"Ofcourse not! We might have a fight right now but I will always lo- care about you..."

I facepalmed myself mentally as we stopped walking. Both me and Mina stopped talking and I just kept an eye out for anyone walking the halls.

"I'm going to them Y/n. It's closer and-"

"Shut up." I whispered when I heard footsteps from afar. The girl behind me scoffed.

"Okay I have been patient with this-"

"Mina... Hide now." I said and pulled her to the closest room on our right and locked us in.

There was a small window on the door and I could see his shadow. I could feel my hand shaking, scared for Mina's safety and only hers.

"Y-Y/n..." Mina shuddered looking at me, terrified. Out of instinct, I pulled her to me for a hug.

"It's gonna be alright. I'm here, calm down." I said and I felt her sobbing in my arms. I put my hand on the back of her head, trying to soothe her.