Chapter 46

"Well," Donghyuck finally put the gun away before his right hand found its way to my warm cheek

"Well," Donghyuck finally put the gun away before his right hand found its way to my warm cheek. "I have a question."

A seductive smirk suddenly adorned his face as he slowly let his eyes wander over my face to my rosy lips. I finally managed to awaken a spark of self-control in my body and immediately slapped his hand away, the brunette definitely not impressed, grabbing my wrist instread.

"Let me go", I hissed annoyed at him and tried to free myself from his grip, although my body was still not fully regenerated.

Somehow I found myself even more miserable than the last few days. On those days my brain had been almost completely switched off, so it wan't a big deal that I had been weaker, but I was completely aware right now and still not able to defend myself.
Slowly but surely I began to hate myself more and more for my fucked up fear of the nightmares.

"Not until you answer my question."

I snorted angrily as he shifted closer towards me, gently stroking one of my black strands behind my ear. Subconsciously, my fingertips played with the hem of a shirt as small goose bumps formed all over my skin.
I didn't want myself to be that affected by this actions, but I'd be lying if I said my heart hadn't just made a small jump because of his soft touch.

Another reason why I'd better give myself the bullet right here and now.

The bright golden light was still shining down on us, casting the silhouettes of our two bodies  on the wall beside us.
I couldn't focus on the shadow play though, because Donghyuck now bent dangerously close to me, his cheek merely brushing mine, causing a flaring warmth to arouse.

In the meantime his soft lips touched my ear so slightly that a cold shiver automatically ran down my spine and made my heart beat speed up once again.
Silently, I tried to swallow the lump in my dry throat while I impatiently waited for his question.

"Is the cafeteria open yet?"

Completely taken aback by the unusual question, I opened my mouth, but only took a sharp breath in as I didn't know where this suddenly came from.
Well... that was unexpected.

With a big frown on my face, I watched as the student finally let go of my wrist and took a few steps backwards, the grin on his lips much more amused and playful than a few minutes ago.

"Let's have breakfast," he added some information for me to finally process what he was actually talking about, while I still stared at him with a blank expression.

"Huh?"

"You. Me. Breakfast."

It took a short moment before I realized that the idiot in front of me was just once again playing with my feelings, having fun looking at my dumbfounded grimace.
How on earth did I forget that this brunette jerk never took anything in his life seriously?