Chapter 103: Decision

"Aria"

"Aria wake up!"

"Don't yell at my baby!"

"I'm just trying to wake her up, how else do we wake her up, by being soft and quiet?"

"Don't yell at me I am your wife!"

"I wasn't- ow! Damn it Layla give me a break"

"Aria baby wake up"

Aria whines and opens her eyes, she sees a man and women standing over her.

"She's awake" the blonde women says happily

A black haired man was rubbing his cheek and mumbles "now I know where Aria gets slapping people from"

"W-where am I?" Aria sat up and held her hurting head

"You're in your core" the women replied

"my what?" Aria questions standing up

"Your core sweetheart" the man repeats "it's the manifestation of your powers"

Aria looks at them strangely "...who are you guys?"

"Your parents" the two say together

Aria blinks and takes a closer look at them, she takes out the photo in her locket

They look exactly the same, like they didn't even age.

"I know my human form is more unknown to you" Overlord sighs "would you rather a floating ball of energy?"

"Momma, papa" Aria stood up and hugged them

"oh my little girl" Layla started crying "I've missed you so much"

"wait am I dead!" Aria started freaking out "you are both dead and i see you so I must be dead too!" 

"No no no" Overlord held her hands "princess you are not dead, you're in your core remember, we brought your conscious here to speak to you"

"Papa.. Lloyd's cursed because of me" Aria's eyes teared up "I-"

Layla hugged her "shh baby it's ok, oh my poor daughter... i knew this was going to happen"

"momma I don't know what to do" Aria cried

"Aria" Overlord put his hand on her shoulder and turned her towards him "Their comes a time in life where you have to make a decision. You could embrace this opportunity and be the dark lord your supposed to be and instead of having an enemy you and Lloyd can rule Ninjago together"

"But Lloyd wouldn't be Lloyd I know and love" Aria says "he's a protector not a destroyer.. I love him because he's kind to everyone even those who don't deserve it, he's forgiving and he always has my back"

Overlord sighs and smiles "then their's only one thing you can do"

"Baby, this is the hardest choice you as our daughter, as the cursed child, has to make" Layla stands next to the Overlord "You have to be the Dark Lord and Lloyd has to be the green ninja.. it's how it's supposed to be. You have to guide the darkness out of him" she places her forehead against her daughter's and their eyes glow purple

Overlord places his hands on Aria's shoulders and his eyes glow purple as well. After a bit their eyes stopped glowing and Aria took a step back to look at her parents.

"We are so proud of you Aria" Layla tells her

"I'm.. I'm sorry" Overlord looked down

"Papa it's ok" Aria smiles sadly "this is my decision.. to protect all of Ninjago and to protect the boy I love"