¬ 3

LOSER CLUB - CHAPTER THREE

(The Barrens now the sewers)

"Never felt a feeling of comfort."

The next day was hot, thankfully for everyone in the Marsh house Al was passed out on the couch, nothing major happened to the twins, Ray had a split lip and a bruised jaw and Layla had a bruise under her eye and a painful shoulder from being pushed against a wall. The three didn't have bikes, instead they had skateboards, they were more affordable. Today the group planned to meet up at Ed's and get snacks before heading off to wherever Bill thinks Georgie is.

"Take everything but the Delicious Deals, guys. My mom loves them." Ed told Richie and Bill as they piled a load of food into their bags. Ray, Layla and Amber all sat on the counter in the kitchen waiting for the boys to finally finish, "Hey! First you said the Barrens, and now you're saying the sewer. I mean, what if we get caught?" Amber spoke up, "Yeah, I would be grounded for life." Eddie nodded catching eyes with Amber but quickly looking away, "See, the two main words in that sentence A, were, what and if." Ray pointed out, "Yeah. And so what, nobody goes around there or if we do get caught we run." Layla shrugged, "B-But. W-We won't, Eds. The s-sewer are public works. We're the public, aren't we?" Bill smirked, Ray walked over to Bill helping him with the bags, "T-T-T-- shit." he whispered, "Picture the word in your mind." Ray told him, they both went to pick up the last bag of crisps on the table, their hands brushing past each others, "Love birds, hurry up." Amber teased, "Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Richie asked, earning a slap on the back of the head from Layla, "Yeah, and I'm saving it for your sister. This is private stuff."

As they went to leave Eddie's mum's voice stopped, them, "Eddie Bear, where you all off to in such a rush?" Mrs. K asked painting her nails, Bill decided to speak up, "Um... J-J-Just my backyard, Mrs K. I got a new..." Bill couldn't get the word out, "A new croquet set. Jeez, spit it out, B-B-Bill." Richie mocked him making Ray stamp on his foot, "Okay. Oh and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." the woman said in almost a creepy way, "Okay, let's go." Eddie tried to push them out the door, "Aren't you forgetting something?" she spoke up making Eddie turn around and kiss his mum's cheek, Richie chuckled lightly and said, "Do you want one from me too, Mrs K?" he joked but Eddie pushed them out the door, muttering a 'goodbye' under his breath.

Stanley soon joined them on his bike and  rode around Derry, as they got closer to a hill Richie yelled, "Layla, go down this hill on your butt!" Layla laughed and nodded, "Challenge accepted!" sitting on the skateboard she rolled down the hill passing everyone else who was laughing at her. Amber and Ray pushed themselves to go faster keeping up with the group, "Hey assholes, you went the wrong way! We have to go past the library!" Ray yelled at them riding her board by Bill gripping onto his handles as he pulled her along. "Hi-ho, Silver! Away!" Bill yelled pedaling faster and pulling the brunette along, every so often stealing glances at her. "You're old lady bike's too fast for us even with Ray's weight added!" Riched yelled, "Rude!" Ray giggled, "Move bitches!" Layla screeched as she passed them all, none of them realised the new boy sat in the library watching them wishing he could have some friends.

Finally arriving at the sewers everyone stood around waiting to go in, "I don't know. I guess." Eddie said, "That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy." Stanley pointed to everyone that there was a poisonous plant, Layla began to walk around, look in people pockets, in shoes, in bags, "What the hell are you doing?" Amber asked, "I'm looking around for a 'fuck'. But I can't seem to find one. Loosen up, Stan." Layla told him, Richie placed his hand on Layla's shoulder making her wince but covered the pain quickly with a smile, "Oh, dude you were just burned! But, where? Where's the poison ivy?" Richie asked, Bill and Ray stood at the entrance of the sewers together away from the others, "R-Ray?" Bill stuttered, "Hmm?" she asked looking at him, "W-Where did you get that b-bruise?" "This? Oh, I guess I was nominated as Henry's punching bag." she lied easily, "O-Oh. I'm sorry." "Why?" "C-Cause I wasn't t-there." "What do you mean?" "Well t-there is something I want to tell you--" Bill was cut off when Amber came up behind them, "What you talking about?" she asked with a smirk, "I don't know, somebody interrupted." Ray groaned, maybe cause she thought that Bill would finally ask her. "Stanley. Tell me where the poison ivy is!" Richie yelled, "Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley." Eddie groaned. 

The group began to walk in, "Guys, it's uh-- it's pretty dark in here." Layla's eyes darted everywhere, "It's okay, I'll protect you." Richie smiled at her taking her hand in his, thankfully for Layla it was dark so Richie would see her blush, "vomit." Ray muttered walking past them followed by Bill. "Okay, I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure that is not good for my--" Eddie spoke up from the back only to be cut off by Richie asking, "Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" "Sometime, yeah." "Then you probably have crabs." Richie joked, "Please shut up. That wasn't funny." Amber rolled her eyes. Richie and Layla turned around seeing Amber, Ed and Stan still waiting outside, "Aren't you guys coming in?" Layla asked still gripping onto Richie's hand, her eyes had adjusted to the dark now and she had a torch but she was also holding her crushes hand so... "Uh-uh. It's greywater." Ed replied and Amber nodded in agreement, "What the hell is greywater?" Richie asked, "It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee. So..." Amber raised her hands in surrender. 

What they just said made Richie pick up a stick and sniffed it, "What are-- Are you serious?" Eddie asked, "Doesn't smell like caca to me, senor." Richie mimicked a spanish accent failing terribly and making Layla double over in laughter, "Okay, I can smell that from here." Eddie's face held disgust, "It's probably just your breath..." Layla snorted, "... Yep. Wafting back into your face." the two high fived, "Have you ever heard of staph infection?" Ed scoffed, "Oh I'll show you staph infection." Layla grumbled grabbing the stick from Richie, "This is so unsanitary. You're literally..." Amber couldn't finish her sentence without gagging, "This is literally like swimming inside a toilet bowl right now. Have you ever heard of Listeria?" Ed finished for her rubbing the girls bag, Bill and Ray were still further down the pipe, "Hey, Bill? Look at this." she nudged him whilst picking up the shoe, "Wait, is that...?" Bill looked up to her only for her to nod, "Guys!" Bill stopped their arguing and pointed shone his torch on the shoe Ray held, "Shit. Don't tell me that's..." Stanley's voice was tight and laced with fear, "No. G-Georgie wore galoshes." Bill stuttered, "So, who's is it?" Amber asked slowly walking closer to the entrance. By now Richie and Layla were stood by them, all the kids looked to Ray in anticipation as she read over the name again and again, "It's Betty Ripsom's."