The next few days were like a dream. Each day both of the boys would come over for hours apon hours, we never did too much but that didn't matter, we had each other and that was enough. Once it started to get late, Toby would leave then it would just be Tommy and me for the next few hours.

One night after Toby had left, Tommy and I were hanging out in my room. He was sitting at my desk playing with some of the little things I had resting on top of it. "Violet?" the boy asked, "yeah" "can we go on a walk?" I smiled at him, "sure," I got up off my bed and gestured for him to follow me.

We went out the back door and started walking around my neighborhood. As we walked along the gray cracked sidewalk, our hands hung side by side. I reached out and gently grabbed his finger seeing how he would react but soon our hands were intertwined.

There was a comfortable silence that filled the air, all you could hear was the sound of occasional cars passing by. Once we made it to the park, our hands separated. I gravitated towards the swings, "come push me" Tommy smiled at me, "how old are you" "come on, please?" I pleaded, "fine, fine".

He walked behind me, I felt his hands push on my back as the swing started gaining momentum. I got higher and higher, I could feel the dark metal chains of the swing vibrating. "Do you not like the swings, Tom?" I asked him, "not really, I'm more of a slide kinda guy" his comment made me giggle.

The swing began to slow down, I dragged my feet across the wood chips making it come to a complete stop. Tommy walked up behind me, I looked up at him, the top of my head pressing on his chest while he looked down at me. I felt him snake his hands around my waist, my face became hot, I knew my cheeks were turning pink.

I looked forward and leaned back on his chest, "this week has genuinely been one of the best experiences I've ever had. I just wanted you to know that" I spoke softly, "I can say the same". I got up and went around to him before pulling him into a hug, the thought of him leaving made my stomach churn.

He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly, "I like you" I said under my breath, only loud enough for him to hear, I pulled back a bit, "I like you too". Our faces were only inches apart, I could feel his hot breath hitting my skin.

The whole world slowed down, butterflies erupted in my stomach, I wanted to get closer. I stood up on my tiptoes and looked into his ocean blue eyes that were so full of life but also uncertainty.

His eyes moved back and forth looking into my eyes then at my lips. It felt like we were standing there for minutes but it was only a matter of seconds. I was completely unprepared. You would think that after all the hours I'd spent with Tommy watching him talk, laugh, and smile - that I would know all there was, but I never thought that we would get to this point.

We both leaned in and our lips met, a warm euphoric rush ran through my body, this was a feeling I hadn't ever experienced before but I was glad it was with him. It was slow and uncertain, but the uncertainty turned into admiration.

Both of us pulled away, smiles on our faces. I leaned my head on his shoulder and let out a soft laugh, as did he, we were both in shock, but the good kind. "What the fuck" he breathed out, "I don't know" I stood down and looked up at him, his pale skin had become rosy.

I messed up his hair, "your blushing" my words only made his face become redder, "shut up, so are you" "you look like a tomato Tom, the red shirt isn't helping either" "fuck off Violet" he said lightly pushing my shoulder.