chapter 5

Later

Izuku had recovered faster than the two and headed home.

He was definitely feeling shitty after that encounter. He wanted to get home and suit up for some blue sky thinking. Damn suit wasn't light enough to fit in his pack. 'Micro rockets with Mei's SLB could work with the memory metal.'

A sludge dripped from above and Izuku dove forward in time to dodge the black mass from landing on him. "Oh we got a fighter." The sludge villain said a melted grin on its face.

Izuku was looking around for anything that could help in this situation. 'Ice grenades? Wait no there in my other pants. Web shooter? Not likely.'

Izuku webbed to the bridge ledge and heard a voice.

"I AM HERE!"

Izuku turned to see the symbol of hope himself. 'All Might?!' Izuku pulled himself to sit on the ledge and whip out a notebook.

"DETROIT SSSMMMAAASSHH!" All Might shouted as the sludge was stunned by the concussive force of the shockwave.

All Might had downed a sports drink bottle Izuku just noticed he had and started to scoop up the sludge villain. Izuku jumped down and started helping. "Thanks for the save."

All Might looked and saw the green haired boy. "I didn't see you there young man."

"I jumped up to the ledge." Izuku pointed to the bridge "Pretty sure I just avoided getting tentacle hentai'ed."

All Might actually laughed at that one. "I see you distracted it for me, young man. I had been chasing it all day. Damn sewers."

"Isn't there sewer heros? The Turtle Ninjas and Jumpman the plumber hero?" Izuku asked.

"Oh you know of the Subterranean Squad. They're fixing a minor flooding problem north." All Might said as the sludge was being collected.

Izuku had let his hyper fan off its chain with how he was asking All Might a bunch of questions while loading the bottle.

All Might, being grateful he didn't have to collect the villain on his own due to his time limit answered truthfully and had asked questions back. "So how did you make it to the bridge? It's a little tall isn't it?"

Izuku shot out a web and showed All Might. "Bio cable. I could lift an elephant with this."

All Might looked at the device and then at the boy's face. "What do you think?"

"An impressive invention young man. I'm sure it could be a versatile innovation in support gear."

"Actually I plan on being a hero." Izuku said.

All Might looked a bit taken back. "You wouldn't mind telling me what your quirk is would you Midoriya?"

"Oh I'm quirkless." Izuku said.

All Mights eyes widened enough they were visible. Izuku snapped a picture. 'This is gonna get me so much money.'

"I...are you sure that's wise?"

"If heroes were wise they'd kill their enemies. A hero stands up for the innocent and protects the lives of those that can't." Izuku said.

All Might covered his mouth to hide a cough. Izuku was smiling at him 'Damn it I'm running out of time.'

All Might jumped away and Izuku shot a web getting pulled with the hero. Izuku held the web and created a hang glider out of webbing.

"Let go!"

"I still need to talk." Izuku shouted over the wind.

All Might landed on a roof and Izuku got flung forward but he turned to correct the flight and wedded back to the building and pulled himself in.

Izuku had pulled out his wallet and took out his prized possession. "Please sign this."

All Might deflated and Izuku's jaw fell.

"Before you say anything…"

"Your quirk expands your muscles to compensate for a huge energy spike making you stronger." Izuku said.

All Might raised an eyebrow. "You always get bulkier during intense fights. I theorized about 4 years ago you were actually skinny but everyone laughed and told me I was stupid."

"Well you hit the nail on the head." All Might said "I inflate my muscles with energy to pack more of a punch." 'That's a good enough excuse for One for All.'

"But I don't understand where the energy comes from." Izuku said "My Geiger counter doesn't register any gamma radiation and you're too bronzed to be solar powered. Your stomach could turn food into power but that would mean you need to eat hundreds of thousands of calories just to throw a punch. You don't eat that much if Creepy Stalker.com is correct."

'FOR FUCK SAKE! MIGHT AS WELL TELL HIM HE'S ALREADY FIGURED IT OUT!' All Might screamed in his head.

"Alright kid don't go spreading this around."

"I'm quirkless. I could tell people I saw you plowing Midnight and have that on video and they'd just said I CGI'ed it. Your secret is safe." Izuku said.

"You wanna be a hero hu?" Toshinori said leaning on the rail. "You understand heros get injured all the time, right?"

Izuku nodded.

All Might lifted his shirt "3 years ago a villain damaged half my respirator system."

Izuku didn't even look remotely phased. Tony had a heart surgery with chlorophyll as an anesthetic. "Toxic chainsaw right?"

"Good memory but this was a difficult villain." All Might said, putting his shirt down. "Quirked individuals get beaten and sometimes killed. If you want to help people I'd join the police."

All Might signed the card but when he looked up Izuku was gliding off the side of the building using the web shooter to navigate.

All Might sighed and looked at the card again as he walked down the stairs. 'Wait a minute? This is that talking chocolate bar card that got canceled. How did the kid get this?!'

"I Am Here!" The clear holographic card of All Might shouted.

All Might knew he definitely needed to give this back to the kid eventually. Toshinori pocketed the card and reached for his phone when he realized he didn't button his cargo pocket. "Shit." The deflated hero said.