Chapter 17

Rico sobbed to himself as he hid under the bed.

He hated himself more than anything. It was more of the fact of how weak he was. How pathetic he was,

Rico didn't even understand how he was still alive.

Footsteps approached the room he was in. And the door opened...with a cautious Y/N noticing the fluffy tail sticking out from under the bed.

Y/N gave a small sad smile and crouched down. Gently booping the tail as Rico let out a small squeal.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to see if you were okay" She said softly as she sat down on the ground.

"G-go away ugly human!" Rico cried sniffing loudly.

Y/N winced and then wondered what she could say next. The anichara obviously was distressed. And she didn't really want to just let the child cry alone.

For a second it was silent apart from the sounds coming from downstairs and Rico softly sniffing.

"you know whenever I was ever scared as a kid.. I would hum to myself. It really helped me". Y/N said smiling at the memory.

Rico didn't respond as Y/N began to hum. It was 'twinkle little star', one of her favorites.

Downstairs, it fell quiet, as everyone could hear the young woman humming in a gentle tone.

The one who seemed the most affected by it was Eriol. He was gripping the table tightly. Looking like he was ready to bolt upstairs, but Adam gave him a warning look.

Trystans amused expression fell as he cocked his head to the side. He had never heard this type of song, did humans in Y/Ns world like this type of song itself? It was pretty.

After a little while Y/N stopped humming. She felt embarrassed but then gasped as she saw the fox boy crawling out from under the bed.

He shakily approached her and grabbed her hands. His ears were flattened once more as he gave her hands small kisses.

"I-m sorry" He whimpered as Y/N felt her heart melt. He was so cute.

She hugged the small fox boy and rubbed his back soothingly.

"It's ok Rico. I may not have grown up in this world but I'm sure it was very scary. You're so brave". She whispered reassuringly.

A little while later, Y/N walked downstairs, Rico gripping her right hand tightly.

The others were talking to one another, their faces lighting up once they saw her.

As Y/N glanced over their faces she felt an odd sensation. One that she hadn't felt in a long time. A sense of longing

She hadn't felt that in years.

The others noticed her change in expression and looked at each other.

Adam walking over to her worriedly

"Is everything alright Y/N?" He asked glancing down at Rico who hid himself behind Y/N.

"Yeah..yeah I think things are going to be fine". She said smiling up at a confused Adam.

Meanwhile An was staring at a white globe.

It was showing her images of Y/N. Images of her laughing, crying, sleeping.

The globe belonged to some fairy that An had killed. A globe that showed you what you most wanted to see.

An smirked as the images faded and suddenly the globe turned red. Cracking and spewing what looked like blood as it also began to shake.

The globe showed everything that we most wanted to see. Whether it was good or bad.