V - Prince's Bliss

'Wonderful!' the Doctor says, slamming his hands down enthusiastically on his lap before standing. 'I know exactly where to take you all,'

Twirling effortlessly around the control panel, he flicks random buttons and levers in different sections.

'Don't worry about the Mummy on the Orient Express. I'll get round to that one eventually.'

You, Amy and Rory stand back and out of his path so as to not obstruct his journey as he passes.

'So, um, Doctor?' Amy asks. 'Where are we actually going?'

'The Prince's Bliss Hotel and Spa. One of the best in the galaxy,' he replies.

'Ooh, a spa. This, I can get behind,'

'Wait, hang on,' Rory replies. 'You're taking us somewhere... nice? No danger, no aliens, no imminent death looming over our heads?'

'Well, not quite,'

'So close,' Rory mutters.

'Well, if you go anywhere aside from Earth in this galaxy there'll be some sort of alien, but the population of the native species of this planet is very small. It's mostly full of humans, depending on when we go.' the Doctor twists a dial, adjusting the time, and setting it to one hundred years in the future.

'One hundred years?' you ask. 'That's not very long.'

'You'd be surprised how quickly you lot venture into space,'

With that, he swiftly pulls down a lever, and the TARDIS begins to shake. It moves incredibly quickly, you know this, but it seemed oddly stable, and safe. For your first time travelling in time and space, you weren't feeling very unsettled.

'So Doctor?' Amy asks, once again. 'Why are you taking us to a spa? Instead of some planet far away that urgently needs our assistance or something?'

'Well, it's your honeymoon,' he smiles slightly as the TARDIS begins to settle and slow. 'I thought you might enjoy going somewhere nice before we get back into the whole space fight-y stuff,'

'Aww, how considerate of you,' Amy smiles, placing an arm around his shoulder. 'You aren't all alien are you?' she coos. He retrieves her hand from its resting position, and twirls her round in one quick motion. Her wedding dress is swept up quickly by the wind and flutters delicately around her feet.

'Now, you three,' he says. 'Go and get changed. There's a walk-in wardrobe just down those stairs, then first left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on your left.'

As Amy and Rory walk away, a little confused by the instructions, you hang back.

'How long did it take you to memorise that?'

'Well, new TARDIS, new rooms. I always keep the wardrobe the same though. Stops all the confusion,'

'You didn't answer my question,' you reply, folding your arms a little sarcastically.

'I memorised the way there in my ninth regeneration. Kept it the same since, stops it from getting all muddled up with all of the other... brainy-wainy stuff in my head,' he says. 'Now go!' A smile creeps across his face happily. 'You've got a spa to get to,'

[-]

Stepping out of the TARDIS at Prince's Bliss was an incredibly surreal feeling. The dark, gloomy weather you'd left in Leadworth was now replaced by a bright shining sun. People hurried past occasionally- but it wasn't as busy as you had expected. The Doctor had pitched this place as 'the best in the galaxy', but you couldn't help but wonder where all of the people who felt the same were today. It didn't bother you though- the outlook that the hotel would be more secluded and peaceful for your brother's honeymoon made you happy. Your sister-in-law, however, didn't feel the same.