018 | hinata the matchmaker

eyes are the window to the soul

PERMEATING THROUGH THE WINDOWS, the sun's soothing rays flitted across the room, swaying idly to the soft breaths of two soulmates resting harmoniously

PERMEATING THROUGH THE WINDOWS, the sun's soothing rays flitted across the room, swaying idly to the soft breaths of two soulmates resting harmoniously. Songs made by the soft chirping of various birds floated into the room, dancing their way to a certain lavender-haired girl.

Eyes fluttered open.

Mizuki took a moment to recognise where she was. What time is it? She turned to check her phone, but a weight atop her prevented any movements. She glanced down, spotting a tuff of blonde-dyed hair and dark roots. Ah, yes. We slept together.

A smile curled at the ends of her lips. Mizuki reached forward, lightly dragging her fingertips along the arm draped over her. A shiver raced through the younger boy.

His eyes cracked open.

Gold met lilac.

"Hello," she greeted, her voice as soft as the light that bore witness to their endearing, private moment.

Kenma grunted, and he nuzzled his head into her neck, pressing himself against her. He pulled Mizuki closer, using the leg that was thrown over her to tighten his embrace. Mizuki chuckled mellifluously, holding him and listening to the breathes that slipped passed his lips. She gazed down at him fondly, physically and mentally softening at the sight.

Her eyes drifted over to the clock on the wall. They were up a few hour later then they're supposed to be, and upon noticing the blanket covering them, she knew that they were left to sleep in by who? She wasn't so sure, though, she did have a vague idea.

"We should get going."

"No."

Mizuki stared at her soulmate with amusement. "Pardon?"

Kenma didn't answer; instead, he tightened his hold on her, refusing to let her go. Mizuki stayed put (even though she could break out of his hold if she tried), soaking in the moment and imprinting it into her mind.

Clasped in each others' embrace, all opposition to their bond melted, the warm blood flowing inside them both was intertwined with a fond tenderness. His chest rose and fell against her side, warm puffs of air faintly brushing against her arm. Mizuki's heart felt like it was going to explode.

"He'll become more spoilt if you give in."

Mizuki turned to see Akaashi leaning against the door with gunmetal blue eyes retaining a loving fondness. He walked forward, standing beside the couch. He reached down and brushed a strand of hair that stuck to her face. "Did you have a good sleep?"

Mizuki nodded, her face erupting in tingles as his fingertips gently caressed her skin.

She glanced up at him, lips parting, "I suppose it was you that brought the blanket?" Akaashi merely smiled, tilting his head forward. "Thank you."