Five

A/N

corona never happened here, if it did Mica would be smart enough not to throw a huge party, but a bitch named covid never existed in this book. Also make sure to read the other a/n at the end for a bit of extra info.

Friday, October 30, 2020

We baked a cake. It's 8pm and Mica, Bri and I baked a cake for Matteo because it's bitch boy's 24th birthday. Bri and I were left to frost it while Mica went out to buy candles for the cake because of course she forgot the most important part of a birthday cake.

"No, Bri, no. You're doing it wrong." I told her.

"Dude, I'm fine, it looks fine." She lied. Crumbs were coming off the cake and moving around in the frosting. This woman has no idea what she's doing.

"You're fucking it up Bri, just let me do it." I reached my arm over hers and then I got frosting on her cheek when she lifted her elbow to try to push my arm away. That was a complete accident but there's no way she's letting me get away with it.

"Bitch."

"I'm sorry, oh god," I paused and let out a loud laugh before bringing my hands to my mouth to cut myself off. "I didn't mean to, I swear."

"That doesn't change the fact that you did it." She said, wiping the frosting off of her cheek with a smile on her face and smearing it onto my nose.

"Briana!" I said through my little giggles.

"Kassie!" She mocked while the smile on her face grew even wider.

I ran around to the other side of the island when I saw her grab a handful of icing.

"Briana, Bri, stop!" I yelled out in between laughs.

"Make me." She said, walking over to me and backing me into a corner, just when she was about to rub the frosting onto my face Mica walked in.

"Am I interrupting something?" Mica asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's for us to know and for you to dot dot dot." Bri said. This bitch did not just quote Damon Salvatore.

"I uh, I got frosting on her and she was just trying to get me back-" I started explaining.

"Is that why you're backed into a corner and you're standing over her like that?" Mica said, cutting me off.

I could feel the blush creeping onto my cheeks and I couldn't say a word.

"I brought you the curler you asked for Kas, clean your faces while I finish the cake." Mica told us. She's such a mom.

Briana grabbed a paper towel and ran it under the sink faucet and wiped her cheek off. She then grabbed another and grabbed a hold of my chin and lightly rubbed the tip of my nose.

I've been thinking over the whole escape thing. Matteo knows about the dress, not the wings or the mask. If I don't leave the apartment wearing them then he won't know, so I'm going to get Mica to take them to hers and I'll just put them on there and then I can go.

"Mica, can you take the wings, the halo and the mask back to your place?" I asked.

"I can but why?"

"I don't wanna put them on right away, I wanna go down and help you guys set up!" I hope she buys that.

"Okay, that's cool just make sure you give them to me before I go. Can you go get Toni?" Mica asked.

"Do I have to? He doesn't like me."

"He doesn't like anyone. Just tell him to come."

I threw my head back and let out a groan in protest as I walked out of the kitchen and towards his office. He hasn't really spoken to me since Wednesday. I guess the whole standing up to him thing wasn't what he wanted.