Chapter 14

Hayden finally woke up almost three hours later on Severus couch. It took a minute for him to remember where he was and why he was there, but as soon as he did, he wished he could forget again.

"Mum?" Hayden asked.

"I'm here" Sev responded from his place in the arm chair. He placed his book down to turn his attention to his son on the couch.

"Are you ready to talk?" He asked. Hayden just shrugged as he looked at the ceiling.

"I met my mate and he finally confessed to me," Hayden said blankly. Severus paused at the lack of emotion that Severus might've expected from his son just meeting his forever partner.

What happened?

"Shouldn't you sound happy to finally meet him?" Severus asked, not wanting to accidentally trigger another crying fest.

"He rejected me," Hayden deadpanned.

"Oh" Was the only thing Severus could respond with.

"May I ask who it is?"

"I thought you already knew," Hayden said as he finally looked at his mother.

"Yes, but I want to be sure"

Hayden breathed deeply before saying the name of the boy who broke his heart.

"Draco Malfoy"

---

"What do you want Malfoy?" the Weasley spat out as the two Gryffindors

"What do you mean 'What do I want'?" Draco mocked, irritated that he has to deal with these two imbeciles. "Get out of my way"

"Don't boss us around Malfoy, you little weasel" the red haired baited.

"Who do you think you are, you blonde bimbo?" Granger sneered.

Draco growled as he tried to hold himself back from strangling the two.

"What are you growling like a wild animal for? Trying to hold back your killing urges?" Weasley snapped, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yes I am" Malfoy growled lowly. "You know I find myself wondering how you two can manage to get into even more trouble without your infuriating leader"

"Harry is not our leader you git, he's our best friend!" Granger all but shouted.

"Sure, if he's your 'best friend' then where is he? Are you two suddenly too good for him?" Draco joked with an irritable undertone.

"Oh what do you know, absolutely nothing?" Granger said, her bushy shaking as she vibrated with poorly hidden rage.

"Oh then please, enlighten me" Draco said as he crossed his arms, daring them to prove him wrong. Maybe he could trick them into giving him some sort of information regarding what Hayden had confessed to him.

"You prick! You know that Harry's been missing since the beginning of the year!" Weasley yelled, his face turning as red as his head.

"Right, like you don't know exactly where he is" Draco insisted.

"You are so insensitive you know that? He could be dead for all we know and all you care about is a false sense of superiority!" Granger said, false tears filling her eyes.

"We all know the only reason that Snape kid is hanging around you so much is because you're constantly getting into his trousers" Weasley sneered at the blonde.

"You bastard" Draco snarled, he had no idea why he hadn't ripped out the red-heads throat yet. Little did he know that the answer was standing behind him.