Chapter 6

Sophia's POV

Behind my closed eyelids all I see is red. Not the usual redness, but a dark, angry red. Blood red.

All I could see was blood. I was standing in a pool of it, not being able to move.

I push through the thick liquid, looking for any way out of this red nightmare. In my stumbling through the quicksand like pool, I feel something hard under my foot. My throat catches as I imagine what it could be.

Figuring I should just get it over with, I reach down through the opaque fluid, cringing at the feeling. Suddenly, the pool of blood is gone and all that lays in the small puddle left over are my parents bodies.

"Mom! Dad! You're okay... You are going to be okay," I say, not truly believing it. Mom and dad said I should never tell lies, but this is one I need. I need this to be true. I need them to be okay.

Crumbling to the ground, not caring if I get covered in blood, I crawl over to their bodies. Sobs rack my body heavily, my tears never ending.

The ache in my chest is back. Loneliness. Now I know what it feels like to be truly alone.

As quick as the bodies appeared, they were gone. I was on the ground in a purely dark room, the ache in my chest increasing. I'm alone. For the first time in my life I was utterly and completely alone.

I couldn't breathe, my lungs strained to get any air in at all. I grasped at my neck trying to claw at it as if that would help my breathing. Each breath coming out more ragged than the last, I could barely hear this faint voice over my strangled cries.

"I'm here. You are not alone. I will always be here." It was like it was playing on a loop, slithering its way into my muddled brain. The calming voice somehow made me able to breathe. I felt like I was breathing air for the first time, taking deep breaths to fulfill my lungs needs.

"That's it, love, breathe," I heard the voice say accompanied with a sigh of relief. Who did this voice belong to and why can I hear it?

The scene around me changed for the last time, into the usual red behind my eyelids. The red that meant my eyes were closed and I could wake up any second. I try to pry my eyes open but seem unable to do so.

I feel sparks on my hand, the sparks I always felt when I touched Sparky.

"S-Sparky?" I croak out through my dry lips. What was odd was the fact that a human hand was holding onto mine. What happened to Sparky?

A light laugh brings me out of my train of thoughts, the voice saying, "Sorry, love. My name's Rowan not Sparky."

Quickly opening my eyes, glad to find out I am able to do so, I look over to my right and see a stunning girl with gray eyes. These gray eyes are familiar, but I can't recognize where I've seen them before. My eyes jet to the girls hair, finally realizing who is in front of me.

Her hair that reminded me so much of the trees I love, her eyes that gleamed like the moon.

The girl from the ice cream shop... the one I left right before my parents were killed.

The girl who I couldn't stop staring at.

The girl who stared right back.