fifty two

Lorena woke up with Orion's arms still wrapped tightly around her. He was snoring lightly, and in the midst of all of their late-night activities he had forgotten to put his hair up, so now it was all over the both of them, resting on his shoulders and tickling hers.

She smiled and slowly turned around to face him, running her fingertips behind his right ear and feeling the mark she made that was identical to the one he had given her the day they met.

Lorena used to be upset with the circumstances in which she had been marked, but as she fell for Orion, she had forgiven him and was grateful regardless. The fact that she was his no matter what made her so happy.

She felt a sense of pride in the fact that he now unarguably belonged to her.

Lorena looked towards the windows. The sun was still breaking the horizon and she wanted to get up and start her day early with Orion, but she decided to let him sleep. Being marked will make you sleep heavily for a while whether or not it was forced. It's the body's way of coping with immense pain.

Lorena tried to roll out of the bed, but Orion clung tightly to her, a small whine coming from his throat. She rolled her eyes in amusement and tried again.

"Oh my god stay still, Lo. It's too early," he grumbled.

"Then let me go and I won't disturb you." Lorena looked down at him as he pretended to fall asleep again. "Orion."

He frowned. "You're warm, though."

Lorena kissed him on top of his hair and pulled away from him and this time he let her go.

"Good boy," she joked.

He grunted and turned over and Lorena started her day, showering, brushing her teeth and putting on a pair of sweats and a baggy t-shirt. She made her way downstairs and cooked breakfast for everyone since she was the first awake.

She wasn't much of a morning person until Orion came to live with her. Now she found herself wanting to start her day early just to see him or be with him. It was a sharp contrast to how she felt when she was living with his pack and she knew that the time apart did the both of them good.

As she was cooking, she felt arms wrap around her waist and she jumped, turning around to glare at Orion, who smirked at her. "Whatcha making?"

"Sausage and eggs. Now what if I had burned myself?"

Orion just chuckled and placed his chin on her shoulder. "I would apologize and kiss it better. Now gimme a kiss."

Lorena rolled her eyes but turned and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. "Now let me go so I can finish cooking. You can hold me after."

"Okay, I can get with that. Do you need help?"

Lorena nodded her head. "Pass the salt, please?"

Orion opened the nearest cabinet and passed her the salt shaker.

Lorena mumbled a thanks and watched as Orion stood next to her and leaned against the counter, facing her. "So what made you decide to get up?"

"You."

Lorena blushed, but turned the stove off, the eggs finally finished.

"So after we eat, we can go for a walk. I think there's a lot we need to talk about today."

She nodded. "Agreed." She knew there were important things that they needed to deal with, and soon. Orion needed to go home soon and they had to decide whether or not she was going with him right away.

Her parents entered the kitchen and Orion grinned at them. "Goodmorning."

Lorena's mother came over and kissed her daughter on the cheek before looking up at Orion and nodding to him. "Goodmorning. How did you two sleep?"