Chapter 6

Aspen's POV.
When I woke up this morning Nate was gone and there was a note on my pillow.
Aspen,
I had to go back to my house so I could get everything ready for the date tonight. Be ready at 6 and wear something nice ;) xoxo
~Nate
That note gave me butterflies. I'm just so excited to go out with Nate. The last time I went on a real date was almost a year ago. Bradley never took me out anywhere because he just wanted to stay home and hurt me. But today isn't about him, it's about me and Nate. It was already 2 because I slept in. Gosh I'm lazy. I walked downstairs and I seen the Jacks on the couch with their girlfriends and Sammy is in the kitchen with Kaddee. I sit on the couch. "Where's Kenny" I asked. "He went to Andrea's house" Gilinsky said with a smirk. I just rolled my eyes. "Hey, Jacks, come outside" Sammy said. They got up and went outside. "I wonder what that was all about" Belle said. Then they all walk back inside. "We're going to Nate's house" Johnson said. And just the mention of his name gave me butterflies. The Jacks and Sammy gave their girlfriends kisses and left. "So what are you guys doing today" Courtney asked. They all said that they were staying home and hanging with the guys. They all turned to me when I didn't say anything. "What are you doing Aspen" Kaddee asked. "Nate asked me on a date for tonight" I said as a big smile came upon my face. They all screamed in aw. It was getting around 4 so I decide to take a shower. I take my clothes off and jump in the shower. I wash my hair and my body and make sure everything is shaved. I get out of the shower, dried off and put my towel on my head. I look through my closet to find something to wear and I have nothing in mind. After a while I decide to wear a black skater skirt with a black and white polka dot crop top and black heels. I dry my hair and decide to curl it. Once I'm done I do my make-up. I apply mascara, and eye-liner and I do a gold colour for my eye shadow. I walk downstairs and all the girls are still sitting on the couch. They all look at me. "Omg you look so pretty" Kaddee said. Belle and Courtney agreed with her. Their was a knock on the door and I looked over at the clock. It was 7:03. I walk over to open it and Nate is standing there. He looked so hot. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a red open flannel, black skinny jeans and black vans. He looked up at me and smiled real big. "Hey" he said. I really didn't know what to say and I guess he noticed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car. It was really nice. He walked me around and opened the door for me. "Thank you kind gentlemen" I said with a giggle. He smiled and closed the door as he walked to the other side. After riding down the road a while I got curious about where we were going. "Where are we going" I asked. "It's a surprise" he said. I sighed. We pulled up to a restaurant that I've never seen before but that's probably because I haven't been out any since we got to Cali. The restaurant was called 'Dining under the Stars'. "Don't get out of the car" Nate said. He got out and walked to my side and opened the door. I got out and looked at him and smiled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the doors. We walked inside and I have to admit, it was a really nice place. "Hi, do you have a reservation" the waiter asked. "Uh yea. It's under Maloley" he said. "Ah yes, follow me" he said and we followed still hand in hand. He walked out to the back and there was a patio outside under the stars.(get it?) There were lights put up around the tables and lanterns put up every where. The waiter motioned us to a table and asked what we wanted. "I'll have a Shirley Temple" I said. "I'll have a coke" Nate said. The waiter nodded and walked away. "This is beautiful" I said. "A beautiful place for a beautiful girl" he said. It was cheesy but it made my heart melt. The whole meal Nate and I talked about anything and everything. It was absolutely wonderful. After a while we got done eating and Nate put the money on the table. All of a sudden Nate grabbed my hand and pulled me outside the restaurant. "Come on, I have one last place I want to take you" he said. We walked on the side walk. "Are we not taking the car" I asked. "No, where we're going isn't that far away" he said. I had heels on and I didn't really want to walk. After a little I guess Nate noticed because he picked me up bridal style. I could tell when we got there because Nate put me down. I looked up and we were at a lake. It was nice. Their where paddle boats and picnic tables. I really hope we weren't getting in the boats. Because I'm not the biggest fan of water. I can't swim and I'm not gonna tell Nate that because it's embarrassing. He brand my hand again and drags me toward the paddle boats. Oh god. He payed the man and he walked over to the boats motioning for me to come get in the boat. I walked over there slowly and just stood there when I got to the boat. "Give me your hand" Nate said. "Nate I'm not sure this is a good idea" I said. "It's okay, I won't let anything happen" he said. I have him my hand and stepped into the boat slowly. I sat down and Nate took my hand into his. He paddled us deep into the water. I'm so scared that the boat is going to sink or tip over. "Aspen it's okay, I promise nothing is going to happen" he said. Nate looked at me and I looked at him. It stayed like that for a while until he frowned and looked forward. I could tell he wanted to kiss me but knew That I might reject him, again. So I put my hands on Nate's face and made him face me. I looked into his eyes and I kissed him. It was amazing. Sparks flew through my body and butterflies were in my stomach. Our lips moved in sync and it was perfect. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to fall in love.