XXIII. Nefarious Sloth

"What did you do there, Ram?" Crusch asked as they are talking about what she did from the last episode.

"Oh, boy. This will be a sad episode. Especially for Subaru." Madara said as he looked above and sees him.

"Hey, Subaru. I think that planet-buster ninja wants to say something to you." Halibel said.

"This episode will be... a horrifying thing to watch. And in here, Emilia will see how I became the last finger of Petelguese." Subaru said.

"You still remembered that dear? Well, I wanna see too how you died under the hands of that madman." Pandora said.

"Prepare your tissues everyone because this episode won't be as joyful as the others." Madara said.

"Shoot. We're going to see another horrible death in here?" Al asked.

"Proceed!" Priscilla said.

"What the hell's going on? Is this the Witch Cult's doing? Hey! Anyone? Is anyone there? Answer me!" Subaru yelled inside the blue foggy forest but no one listened.

"Wh-What's this overpowering smell?" Subaru asked. He looked at the blue flower on the ground and it surprisingly releases huge vines on Subaru to restrain him.

"Subaru-kun!" Emilia and Rem yelled.

"Hey, Ram, what was that all about?" Al asked but didn't get a reply from her.

"Maids..." Al sighed.

"P-Patrasche!" Subaru yelled on the land dragon who didn't move nor looked at him.

"No... A flower-like this couldn't actually exist. And Patrasche wouldn't just let me die... Which means... This is an illusion. It's all make-believe!" Subaru uttered. A red spirit appears and burns the flower which causes the illusion to Subaru.

"You're that lesser spirit. Did you come back to help me?" Subaru asked. The spirit enters his body and he has returned into reality.

"Subaru!" Julius called on him.

"What, it's you?" Subaru asked.

"That spiteful tone tells me it is without a doubt you. I cannot imagine my subconscious creating such a realistic imitation of you." Julius said.
The two looked around as everyone was also affected by the illusion that Subaru got into from earlier.

"They're all under a bewitching spell. As of now, only you and I have returned to normal. How did you make it back?" Julius asked.

"I burned a flower in my illusion." Subaru replied.

"I see. Someone layered the flower's scent with hypnosis." Julius said. He shows the other spirits he has on him.

"Hey, is that..." Subaru uttered.

"Hypnosis? Why though?" Halibel asked.

"If I can recall about it, Ram is trying to take me away with that illusion spell due to a misunderstanding of a letter we sent to Roswaal's mansion." Subaru said.

"That maid has the guts to do such thing to take you away from those armed men and two Imperial Knights." Pandora said.

"The glow of my little buds. I'm about to teach everyone how to break out of the bewitching spell. In... Nes." Julius said as a black and white spirit enters Subaru's body and now he can hear the voices of the other members of the mercenary, making him cover his ears due to the pain.

"Hi-ho! Hi-hi! No one's here! Where am I?!"

"This is bad! If I don't do something..."