Chapter 48

Ruby's Pov

-

My alarm was going off at three in the morning just so I can get ready and go meet my m-, Madame Theressa.

Another normal day in this very normal school in my extremely normal life I thought as I turn off the alarm on my phone. UGHH I hate my life, that statement has become my everyday motto.

I got up and went straight to my bathroom, my vision still blurred from the daze of waking up. But with my blurry vision, I could still see that mark that was left by Madame Theressa.

*Flashback*

"Madame Theressa wants to see you in her office now" Said the guard.

"Do you know what for?" I asked.

"Just like all the other times before, no I don't know" He rolled his eyes.

I walked down the hallways wondering why would she want to see me, I haven't done anything wrong that I could recall right now, maybe its not for something negative, maybe I did something good that she approved of and she wants to compliment me

I tried smiling to trick my brain into thinking that I'm happy, who am I kidding she wouldn't praise me if her life depended on it, but I can't think of anything that I could've done to upset her. Well I' here I guess I'll finally know, I pushed the door and entered.

"You wanted to see me?" I said as I shut the door.

"How did it happened?" She looked at me.

"How did what happened?" I was confused.

"Hayden" She grunted, and then I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"It just did, it was unexpected trust me" I answered.

"Trust you? That's what I did and this happened" She said sternly walking closer to me.

"There was no way that I could've predicted that" I said.

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place" She snapped at me.

"I'm sure if it were you the same thing woul-" I started but was cut off by a stinging sensation on my cheek, I was surprised but I wouldn't put it pass her.

"Never ever compare me to again, that was total disrespect" She squinted her eye.

"Yes Madame Theressa" I held back the tears.

"Now get out of my sight" She said disgusted.

*End of Flashback*

I started to apply make up to cover up the temporary scar on my face and what I was feeling, after all that is what make up is for, to mask and its doing its job. I finished getting dressed and I was out the door. I took a breath before entering her Office.

"Whose phone is it?" She turned her chair around.

"How many times do I have to tell you I don't know" I answered.

"Where did you find this phone again?" She raised and eyebrow.

"In the hallway" I said.

"Its hard for me to believe, you just found this in the hallway" She clasp her hands.

"Yes, you have to believe it because that's the truth" I cleared my throat. Fuck

"Yeah when you're ready to do that you know where too find me, also you should get some water for your throat" She dismissed me with snapping her fingers.

I'm pretty sure she sees me as an obedient dog and not her own bloodline

I scoffed and left the room, I hated that she only knew certain things about me because it would help her, like when I'm lying I clear my throat because when I was six a man told me if you cleared your throat after lying you would be clearing your throat of lies and ever since then I kept doing it and now its a coping mechanism for lying.

I don't how I can continue this but I have to I guess, Abeke is the only real friend I have and I'm not going to mess that up just because of Madame Theressa.

I walked to class a tad bit happy, I even smiled, it was more of an evil smirk but its still progress. Class was moving really slow today, I don't know if maybe its because I'm too excited to hang out with Abeke after class today or what but I keep zoning out in class, what's wrong with me?

Finally the bell rung I rushed to my room to take a shower and change, this is the first time I was going to hang out anyone, in the past I didn't have a lot of friends but the one's I had I was only aloud to do homework with and my mom would never let me go to their house they would always come to ours. Even when I was invited to anything she would decline, well that's one way to rob someone of their childhood. I was ready and now on my to meet her at their room.

I got there and there were voices so I waited outside, I wasn't trying to eavesdrop but they were loud enough to hear.

"-that's she's The Devil's Daughter, She made Hayden got taken to 'SC' and she's a deceiving, backstabbing, spoiled little bitch" I heard Abeke say

To hear that familiar voice usually sent a warm heat in my chest that felt almost protective, like the touch of a butterfly on a Summer's day

But this time it felt crushing, my heart wanted to sink into itself and disappear

Well if that's how she feels about me then why am I even trying.

There it was again, that rage. That boiling rage that crept its way into my senses and fueled at the tip of my silence

"We have to break her out tomorrow" Said Alexis.

Oh really? Not on my watch.

I guess I'll have to be the deceiving, backstabbing, spoiled, little bitch that I am. Since that's exactly how Abeke sees me

So I did what I had to do, I walked straight to Madame Theressa's Office once again. Why should I protect someone who thinks nothing of me.

Might as well give them more to talk about

"I'm ready to tell the truth" I closed the door behind me.

"Well aren't we excited" She smirked.

"It was Alexis's Phone" I said.

"Why were you protecting her?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well I thought we were friends but I guess I was wrong, I overheard her saying how she really felt about me, and I guess that's the motivation that I needed" I shrugged.

"Well I'm glad you finally came to your senses" She smirked.

"There's something else that you should know" I looked down.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I just found out that they're planning to break out Hayden" I answered.

"When" She questioned.

"Tomorrow but I don't know what time" I answered.

"And we will be waiting for them"