Chapter 65

Blair sat at her dresser mirror, fixing the final touches to her hair and makeup when Jason walked in, letting out a low whistle, "Damn

Blair sat at her dresser mirror, fixing the final touches to her hair and makeup when Jason walked in, letting out a low whistle, "Damn."

She eyed him in the mirror, unable to hide her grin when she saw the Pride shirt she had bought him on the way home from the bar the day before, "Can you not?"

"Not what? Compliment my girlfriend?" Blair shook her head in amusement, turning back to her mirror to finish putting on her mascara. Jason leaned against the wall by the dresser to see her better, a large grin on his face, "I love calling you that. It's the best fucking thing."

Blair glanced up at him, flashing an amused smile, "Who would've thought you would get so lovey-dovey?"

"I can flip the switch like that, you know." He smirked, picking up the hair dryer sitting on the dresser. Within seconds, he had turned it on, aiming it directly at her face.

"Oh my god!" Blair exclaimed, twisting it out of his grip and shutting it off. "You're going to mess up my hair!"

"Like it won't get messed up halfway through the night." He snorted.

Blair looked up at him quickly, "JAY!"

"I meant dancing," He laughed. "Get your mind out of the gutter."

Blair glared at him, but the corners of her lips twitched like she was trying to hide a smile, "I hate you."

"You love me." Jason corrected her with a smile.

She shrugged her shoulders, turning back to the mirror, "Thin line, love."

"And you're on the love side of it." He kissed her on the cheek, walking toward the bed where Popchik lay, picking his head up when Jason got closer.

Blair glanced at him in the mirror, "You're really full of yourself."

"Popchik doesn't have a problem with it." He said, sitting down on the bed and pulling the little dog into his lap. "I think he likes me better than you."

"Uh, no he doesn't." She turned around in her seat, patting her lap. Popchik jumped out of Jason's lap, darting into to her open arms. "Hey baby!" She grinned, lifting him up in the air. "You love me more than Jay right?" Popchik gave a little yip in response, licking her nose.

Jason shook his head while Blair flashed a superior grin, "Traitor." Blair giggled, picking up one of Popchik's toys as she set him down on the ground, tossing it across the room. Jason watched as Popchik brought it back to her, catching the toy as she threw it his direction, "Are you sure you're feeling okay?" He asked, petting the small dog as he jumped back into his lap. "I know you weren't earlier."

Blair thought about the pounding headache she had gotten earlier that morning, shrugging her shoulders dismissively, "I think it was just exhaustion."

Just as the words left her mouth, a sharp pain shot through her chest. She sucked in a deep breath, waiting for it to pass. Jason looked up from Popchik, "What was that?"