v. jealous guy

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕚 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕘𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕓𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕝 & 𝕠𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤

THE HOARD OF STUDENTS packing themselves through the doors of Hill Valley High seemed to be especially full this morning as Amanda squeezed herself through the doors along with others around her. Sighing under her breath at the fact she would have to rush to her locker through this traffic, she continued on her way in annoyance. Taking out the books needed for her classes and the ten-minute bell sounding off around her, she shut the locker to find none other than Marty McFly waiting for her patiently on the other side.

Reading into her face that she was not very please to see him hurt to have to watch. "Not in the mood today, kid," Amanda told him.

Marty groaned and walked face her as she attempted to make it to class on time while she had the chance to. "C'mon Amanda, I'm only looking out for you? Isn't that what friends do?" He tried to reason with her.

She laughed over him making light of this and stopped in my tracks to cause Marty to look to her worried. "Oh! That's rich! So you're allowed to be with anyone you goddamn please but to hell with anyone I want to date, right?" Other students around them stopped to stare at the scene, but the only one seeming to care about her feelings being projected loudly in the middle of a run-down high school was Marty. "It's a total double standard and you have to know that. Why is it so hard for you to make up your mind?"

The suggestion slipped off her tongue without meaning to and she didn't actually think she'd thought about it that much. From his protectiveness, however, it was easy to assume it to be this. "About what?" She raised a brow to Marty knowingly to have him sigh under his breath. He continued to deny the mention of this being anything other than him looking out for her as he convinced himself that was all any of this overreaction, drama-filled behavior of his was about. "I can read you like the back of my hand and I know for a fact that you care too deeply for your own good; you could easily be hurt because of it. I just-"

His eyes shined for a moment in regret and any other time Amanda would fall for it— but not today.

She shook her head to him regardless of his attempt to mend the situation. "Don't let me feel bad about any of this like it's for my own good? Just admit you're keeping me all to yourself because you're—"

"Who the hell is this Marty?" A girl with very teased hair said suddenly and Amanda held her tongue, being used to this sort of behavior already from any girl he was seeing. It didn't help that the one person Marty confided in was a seemingly perky blonde that hung around him constantly. What none of the girls he dated understood, however, was that Amanda wasn't the one hanging off of anyone. Them being jealous was his own fault of not being able to communicate properly and simply put her first regardless. Something she'd lectured him on several occasions already. "Who's she?"

Amanda raised her arms in defense. "I'm heading to class."

Marty shut his eyes for a moment as he walked past the girl now annoyed for answers as Amanda left the scene. "Marty you were gonna walk me to class where the hell are you going-"

"Amanda!" Marty took his friend's wrist suddenly, the school bell ringing around them signaling she had five minutes to rush to my class and making his time to make a case very small. "Please just don't be angry with me; please give me those doe eyes."

Amanda chuckled under her breath. "Doe eyes?" He slowly shut his mouth and she sighed to fix herself again. "Well baby blue, maybe I wouldn't be so angry if you actually took responsibility for something. Besides, you'd get more girls to stick around if you did." Shoving herself away from him as he groaned deeply she continued on her way.