→CHAPTER FIFTEEN

—

RIKU STARED BLANKLY AT HER CEILING. Warm blankets wrapped around her figure as she laid in bed, a cold wet towel was placed gently on her forehead.

The girl has a fever.

From what? No one knows exactly, not even Riku herself.

All she knew was the fact that she woke up this morning feeling cold, colder than normal. When she tried to get out of bed to go to prepare for school she suddenly felt light-headed and dizzy, causing her to lay back down and groan. Her breath came out hot, and her sight was blurry. She felt sick.

When her mother went up to see what was taking her daughter for so long, the sight of Riku still in bed, panting and shivering because of the cold - made the older woman panic, immediately attending to her precious daughter's needs, asking the maids to bring a cold bucket of water and a towel along with some medicine.

Her mother concluded that Riku caught the flu.

And here she was, absent for the day because she was forced by her mother to suffer in misery as she rested in bed. 

Riku couldn't even play her games, and that was the most frustrating part! Her fingers were twitching to hold her game console or even her phone. But she didn't have the strength nor the energy to do so.

Now, she could just ask one of the maids to get it for her, her gadgets were all on her study table after all - but doing so might seem shallow. Not only that but her throat itches, not really giving her much of a chance to speak.

God, Riku hated getting sick.

Currently, her mother was in the Master bedroom, deciding to do all of her paper works at home until her child gets better. Checking in on Riku from time to time to see if she needed anything or if her condition was getting better. 

Riku sighed, letting her body relax on her soft mattress. She didn't like her parents to worry much about her, her father was also worried and wanted to stay and help too, but he still had that important deal going on. So both Riku and her mother told him that he can go and that Riku will be fine.

So, with much reluctance, Riku's father gave both his daughter and wife a sweet kiss on the forehead before leaving for work.

The lavender-haired girl curled herself into a ball, her eyelids were getting heavier - prompting the girl to go to sleep. 

As she slipped into the darkness and in the comfort of dreamland, she was unable to hear the sound of a notification going off on her phone across the room. 

Riku sat comfortably in her seat, observing the cards she held in front of her with a trained eye before slowly looking back to the front to properly face her opponent. Long raven hair and big bright blue eyes, sitting in front of her was a girl named Sakura, someone who hated Riku with a burning passion.