⇢ CHAPTER 50

a/n : this is the if/then episode on greys so this is basically another a.u. :}

season 8 episode 13

"Ooh," Holly hummed placing her keys on the kitchen counter as she walked over to wrap her arms around her boyfriend, "what's that smell and why is it good?"

"Oh, I forgot," Jackson chuckled as he joked and turned around in her arms, "you don't know what food that isn't burned smells like."

"Hey," Holly defended as she pulled away slightly, "I do... when my mom used to cook for me."

"Mm." Jackson smiled, leaning down to place a light kiss on her lips, "Well, you better get used to it because I plan on cooking for you everyday."

Holly smiled, "My own personal chef."

"Well," Jackson shrugged as Holly walked over to set up the table for the both of them, "it's more like I don't want to accidentally eat raw and burnt food."

"Wow." Holly nodded with a chuckle, "I get it."

Eventually the two were sitting down in front of one another, enjoying the food in front of them as Holly began to speak, "So..." She trailed off.

Jackson swallowed his food and quirked an eyebrow, "So?"

"How would you feel about being a dad?" Holly asked, delving more into explanation at seeing his eyes widen, "I-I'm not p-pregnant, I'm just saying-- you know, in the future. Or near future? Which ever one, just-- answer, please?"

Jackson chuckled at Holly's flustered state before thinking over his response as he drank his glass of water before responding, "I guess it'd be nice to have a kid, you know, once our careers are kicking off and we're both sure about it." Holly nodded slowly as Jackson held her hand.

"So," Holly thought over, "not, like, anytime soon... right?"

"Oh, yeah, no." Jackson shook his head immediately, "I mean, we're just residents-- our schedules are crazy and a baby on top of that? That's just..."

"Holly!" Cristina's voice rang out, making the red head jump awake, "Wake up!"

Holly rubbed her eyes lightly, looking over at the alarm clock that beeped, "I'm up, I'm up."

"Yeah," Cristina nodded, throwing the girl her sweater that was hanging over a chair, "you sure looked like it. You okay?"

"I'm good." Holly rolled her eyes, throwing the blanket over herself as she got off of her bed, "Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do, oh, let's see," Holly began to list, "your laundry, my laundry, organize the house, do the dishes, go to my O.B. appointments and go to work."