84

"Now I realized that you don't use... lemon zest," Hyun Ae pointed out, looking around the prep area in her kitchen. "No wonder yours tasted a bit different."

"I actually used cinnamon powder," Namjoon revealed, scooping a bit of cinnamon powder and putting it into the batter.

"My favorite spice," she chortled as she watched him mixing the batter in front of her.

She admitted that she was so happy to see him learn how to make her favorite snack and had made it for her. Truly a 'boyfriend material' for her.

"Okay then, what's next Patissier Kim?" she asked, propping her head with her hands on the counter.

"As if you don't know."

"Well, I wanna see how much you know about making perfect madeleines."

"Refrigerate this, for one hour. So that when it cooks, we got those 'humps'," he smirked at her, before covering the bowl with a cling wrap and placing it in the refrigerator.

"Oooh... You knew about that too. Nice one, Patissier Kim," she complimented, clapping her hands together as she got off her stool and reached him, to help him in cleaning up the area. "So what are we going to do now in one hour?"

"We are going to do," Namjoon said, grabbing the rag in her hand as he continued. "A taste test."

"Taste test? But what are we going to taste?"

He pulled her in, trapping her as he pushed her back against the counter, caressing her sides softly with care.

"Need more explanation?" he whispered before biting her bottom lip in a teasing manner and licking his lips.

"You pervert," she chuckled softly, leaning her forehead against his.

***

After making the madeleines, both Hyun Ae and Namjoon went out for a walk date around Seoul Forest Park and a café date before reaching back home.

And to her, though it was simple, she felt so happy with it.

But she knew the happiness won't last long as the day kept on reaching its end.

"Urgh..." she sighed, slipping herself under her comforter, closer to Namjoon, who was focused on reading a book.

Even so, he lifted his right arm to let her even closer to him.

"I can just stay like this all night. You're so warm," she mumbled, as he patted her head with his right hand.

He tightened his arm around her as she slipped her arms around his body and rested her head against his chest.

"So, this is day two. What are we going to do tomorrow?" she asked. "For our... last day?"

"Hm..." Namjoon hummed, turning his head to her. "Do you have any idea?"

"Well, not really," she shrugged, then looked at the book in his left hand. "What are you reading?"

"Oh. It tells a story about two friends that had known each other since their childhood days. Found the book in your library."

"Oh? I didn't know that I have such a book. Tell me more."

"Okay. So far, these two friends fought, and one left the other. Once the other one found out the truth, he tried to look back for his friend. Little did he know, his friend was being held captive-"

Namjoon halted and looked over at her, who was already fallen into the dream world. After bookmarking the page, he put the book aside and wrapped her in his arms.