Chapter 13. Thunder

Thank you for 1k views! Again sorry that I haven't been updating frequently, exams are my priority right now but I promise in my free time I will work on uploading chapters :)

She was in a good mood, the best she had been in quite a long time. She didn't have any worries or inhibitions, she felt safe and happy here with Nathaniel by her side. The girl simply ate as The Lord took sips from his glass, and although they were sat in silence she was enjoying herself with the delicious food and wonderful view of the kingdom the restaurant had to offer.

Once again, Olivia's glass became empty and within seconds a familiar waiter walked up to their table to refill the cup. Lord Nathaniel clenched his jaw as he watched the waiter pour the wine until it reached the very top of the glass. Olivia was on her third glass tonight since they arrived.

The girl enthusiastically picked up her glass once the waiter left, sipping on the bitter liquid before resuming to eating the fish and chips she had ordered.

"I think that's enough for tonight Olivia." The Lord spoke as he pushed aside her glass so that it was further away from her.

Nathaniel could observe that she didn't seem to have a very high tolerance to alcohol as the girl was already acting drowsy and sluggish. Olivia shrugged, placing her fork back down onto the plate and staring out the glass window. Assuming that she was finished with her meal, Nathaniel called for the waiter to bring the cheque.

He grabbed his wallet from his pocket, placing the cash on the table as servants came and took away their plates. Standing up from his chair, he brushed out the wrinkles from his shirt and walked towards Olivia to intertwine his hand with hers. He lead her outside of the restaurant where the carriage that brought them was waiting to take them back to the castle. Olivia almost tripped on one of the stone steps, but luckily he was holding her hand so she wouldn't suffer an accident.

She a hard time walking straight and was holding onto his shoulder the whole time until they entered the carriage. Nathaniel shook his head as he smiled to himself, although it was nice having her close he had to be extra cautious of her safety.

Once they were sat in the carriage Olivia felt more tired as she felt the softness of the couch. Nathaniel signalled for the driver to go, and as the carriage moved Olivia became sleepier and sleepier. She let out a quiet yawn, closing her eyes as she leaned her head on Nathaniel's shoulder. She couldn't contain her smile as she rested on his arm, It was even more comfortable than she had expected.

This was Olivia's first time being drunk, and it had given her a rush of confidence and boldness. She would be freaking out if she was this close to The Lord, but she was so tired she didn't care. Lord Nathaniel felt his heart race once the human girl placed her soft head on his shoulder, he became completely stiff, afraid that any movement would wake her up. He too closed his eyes, listening to her heart beating softly in her chest.

He wanted this moment to never end, but unfortunately not too long after the carriage had eventually arrived at the castle. He groaned to himself once the carriage stopped, quickly snapping his mouth shut and checking if the girl was still asleep. As the driver opened the carriage door, Nathaniel shot him a glare warning him not to wake her up. The driver quickly understood, leaving the door open as he carefully retreated allowing them to step out.

As slowly as possible, Nathaniel shifted in his seat and placed his right arm under her legs while the other one was placed behind her back. Humans were fragile beings, but he had to be extra careful with this one. He had to be gentle and slow as if handling the delicate wings of a butterfly.

The girl murmured quietly as he stood up, grabbing onto his collar for support. She was still slightly awake, but Nathaniel still didn't want to disturb her. Now carrying her in his arms, he began to walk inside the castle and up the carpeted staircase.