12 Grimmauld Place

12 Grimmauld Place

Outside the iron wrought gates of a lonely deficit looking building, stood a tall, thin man.

His hair was a silky mess of red-brown on his head and sharp, hazel eyes gazed around in nostalgia.

"Alpha, are you sure about this?" muttered one of two companions standing to his left and right. This companion was a tall, burly male with a scarred face and dark hair. He had one green eye and one misty blue, indication that he was fairly blind in that eye.

"Completely. I can feel his return approaching. We'll be gathering forces. Osiris, Tate, you two will be placed in a house nearby. Any loyal delinquents will be placed throughout London. For now, leave this place to me. Understood?"

"Yes Alpha Lupin."

Remus Lupin, the supposed "Light" werewolf, nodded once then entered the gates, passing through the defense barriers with just a bit of difficulty.

As soon as he was completely through, he could see the space that was hidden to muggles. The space that held the Black's Ancestral home. 12 Grimmauld Place.

The missing number between 11 and 13.

To muggles it had never existed. A mistake on the architects that built the mass of buildings around it. To Remus and those who knew what to look for, it was an old mansion.

It looked fairly rundown and unkept but what mattered was the dark magic surrounding it. The magic so powerful only a Black could truly break it's defenses. The only reason Remus got in so easily was because of a certain heirloom on his left finger.

It wasn't his by any means.

It belonged to Sirius Orion Black.

The Lord of the Ancient and Noble House of Black.

The dog star had given the heirloom to Remus as a means of protection and to signify that Remus was an honorary Black.

The wolf trotted up the cracked steps and slowly pulled open the ebony wood door.

It was cool inside, just like Remus remembered, and dark. The floors and walls had collected dust and Remus spotted cobwebs in the corners of the entrance room. He closed the door and sighed, taking out his wand and flicking it.

The house was suddenly illuminated with warm light, the dust seeming to clear itself from the walls and floors and the scattered furniture replacing itself as Remus passed the living room, trekking up the steps. His magic flowed throughout the house, cleaning it up in record time and he smiled when he reached the top step and was met with the sight of an old, grumpy looking elf.

"Hello Kreacher." he said in his warm voice and the elf grunted.

"Master Lupin. What brings you here?" he greeted with a slight bow, his eyes lowered. "Hadrian Black. Sirius' son and heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Black. He was found some time ago. When he was but eight I believe. He's been staying with Lucius but when he returns after school, he'll be staying here."

At this Kreacher's eyes widened, taking on a glazed look.

"Will he really? After all this time? There hasn't been a true Black in these walls in such a long time.." he murmured faintly and Remus felt a pang of sadness at the words. "Sirius will be free soon. We'll make sure of that." he said and Kreacher was silent a moment.