To the Young Lord

To the Young Lord

Hadrian opened his eyes, confused as to why everything was dark, until he checked the time.

5:30

Ah. He had woken up early.

Why?

His brows scrunched in thought until he heard the smallest of hisses, ~Happy Birthday, Master.~

His eyes widened and he shot up, grinning as Anubis coiled up around his shoulders, nudging his head against the boy's cheek. ~Thank you Anubis. I almost forgot.~ he hissed back, stroking the snake's scales lightly.

He had plenty of time to himself and he had no idea what he should do, until he heard bumping in the hall.

"Sirius calm down-"

There was a grunt and something like a whine, then another bump.

"I can't! It's today! Let's wake him up-"

"I don't think that'd be a- hey!"

The door flung open, hitting the wall and Hadrian blinked as his father and Remus fell through the door on top of one another, Remus looking agitated. The dog star jumped up, grinning and Remus sighed as he pushed himself up to his feet.

"Happy Birthday, cub. I'm sorry if we woke you up. Pads was too excited to wait until later." he muttered, shooting the dog star a look, which the man disregarded completely.

"Happy Birthday pup! You're twelve!" he exclaimed and did a belly flop into the bed, wrapping his arms around Hadrian and squeezing him tightly.

"Dad- I need- to breathe.." he wheezed and Sirius pulled back slightly, his eyes bright. "Sorry about that. Come on! Let's play a game of Quidditch while Kreacher makes breakfast. Draco, Ron and the twins are downstairs." he said and Hadrian raised a brow, though he was smiling.

"Really? When did they get here?"

"They showed up last night after you went to bed. They wanted to surprise you. Your presents were ported to Riddle Manor for the ball later." replied the wolf, shaking his head and Hadrian chuckled.

"Okay. Let me get dressed." and Sirius cheered before glancing over at Anubis.

~Oh hey! You're Hadrian's familiar right? Anubis? I'm Sirius, his dad.~ he hissed and Hadrian was shocked.

~You're a parselmouth?~ he and Anubis exclaimed at the same time and Sirius smirked, winking slyly.

~That I am. Didn't Severus tell you? Parseltongue is a bit daunting when heard, don't you agree?~

Hadrian stared at him for a full minute, then nodded. He had forgotten about that information for a moment. "Yes he did."

"HADES!" it seemed Hadrian's friends, and future Consort, couldn't wait any longer for him to get up as they burst through the door much like Sirius and Remus had before, falling on top of each other.

Draco groaned, somehow being on the bottom and Ron gave a sheepish smile as he tugged Fred off of George and George pushed himself off of Draco.

"Sorry about that." he mumbled and Draco shot him a quick glare before smiling over at Hadrian, his eyes soft. Hadrian could feel excitement and something warm and fuzzy from their new connection.

It was a lot like his and Tom's.

"Happy Birthday, love." he said, coming around the bed to leave a kiss on the raven's cheek and Hadrian almost blushed. "Thank you Dragon."