The Long-awaited {26}

A/N: Hello, it's been a while wattpad. Almost 5 years in fact. I'm 23 now, that's crazy.

So I've been getting a few messages over the years, over various social media platforms that the chapter has finally been deleted and killed by wattpad admin in my long absence. When I tell you I've tried to bury this story as much as I could out of cringe and embarrassment of younger me. But you know what? Fuck it.

Writing GC was some of the best years of my life. I wasn't depressed (or wasn't aware of it), I was motivated, I was still in high school surrounded by friends each day and I would come home and interact with you all for hours and gobbled up that praise like the starving artist I was. So what I want to say mostly is: thank you. Thank you so much for giving me those creative years, even if I think this is a cringey piece of shit with a lottttt of toxic messages, slut-shaming, and just bad writing no matter how brilliant and woke I thought I was at 16-18. I still love my baby emo characters, thanks for keeping them alive and safe.

So I'm attempting to republish this infamous chapter. Very ironic that it's the least sexy chapter in the book, but more wholesome. wattpad just isn't a fan of safe s*x and ho*ny jokes I guess. 2014-2015 was a cursed time where we ran rampant.

Eh, it might have a slightly different tone than the other chapters - mostly because I haven't written properly in years, the fact I'm 23 trying to remember what it was like to be 16 and because although I can barely get through most of this book, obviously there are some parts in this that need to be edited to publish with Overlord Wattpad's ridiculous guidelines in place and I very well can't do that without editing the whole damn chapter and not completely taking over the voice of 17 year old me. 

I can't promise I'll be back after this. I still have an urge to write all the time but haven't done it in a good while, and I barely make art nowadays even though it's what I'm most passionate about. But if you want to keep in touch you can get me on my insta: megn.guthre.art or on tiktok pandagutsss.

Also I got given a piece of fanart a while back by cofidea on tumblr (yes I still haunt that dying platform and I will continue till we both fall together) and cofideaa on twitter, and I was brought to tears at how well she captured them all and I thought I'd share it with you all, so check out the banner!!. Preal, if you're still on this hellsite and see this thank you very much, I think about it all the damn time and I printed it off to go on my wall at uni. Give her a follow if you aren't already, her work is stunning! and if anyone has any fanart or whatever you've done relating to my stories feel free to tag me on insta <33333 I love to see it!

I love and thank you all again <3

Chapter Twenty-Six

"SURPRISE!"

Casper froze once again, taking in the scene in front of him. Joining the group he had spent most of the day with were James and Hedgehog, grinning wildly. There were balloons everywhere, mostly all in blue and a large banner hung from the archway reading: "Happy 16th Birthday, Casper!".

They all popped a bunch of party poppers and Logan blew on a whistle obnoxiously in his ear before moving away to close the door behind him.

Casper choked on air. "You bastards!" he cried, "You complete and utter bastards!"

He ran towards them, laughing breathlessly, his chest full, grabbing whoever was closest and pulled them into a hug.  Everyone else laughed and joined in until he was surrounded and squeezed in a hysterical many-limbed dance around the room.