huit

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖎𝖙:A KISS FOR THE FAIRYTALES

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖎𝖙:
A KISS FOR THE FAIRYTALES

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE DECIDED THAT if she ever came across another mechanical spider, she would not follow it. She didn't want to go to Hephaestus' forge underneath a volcano, but apparently, that's what Demigods had to endure (Percy had told her all of his encounters with the other Gods on the way there — it was completely ridiculous.) Both of them still held hands as they ventured down the tunnel.

The group was doing okay with keeping up with the spider until they hit some tree roots in the Labyrinth. However, when they spotted a tunnel dug from raw Earth and wrapped in thick roots, Grover suddenly stopped dead in his tracks. Belle looked at him curiously.

"What is it?" Percy asked.

Grover didn't answer. He was only staring at the tunnel with an open mouth as his curly hair rustled in the breeze.

"Come on!" Annabeth urged. "We have to keep moving."

"This is the way," Grover muttered, awe lacing his tone. "This is it."

"What way?" Percy questioned. "You mean . . . to Pan?"

Grover looked over at Tyson. "Don't you smell it?"

"Earth," Tyson agreed. "And plants."

"Yes! This is the way. I'm sure of it!"

Belle glanced back. The spider was getting further and further away from them down the stone corridor. If they stayed there any longer, they'd lose it.

"We'll come back," Annabeth promised. "On our way back to Hephaestus."

"The tunnel will be gone by then," Grover argued. "I have to follow it. A door like this won't stay open!"

"But we can't. The forges!"

Grover turned to the blonde sadly. "I have to, Annabeth. Don't you understand?"

Annabeth looked desperate like she didn't understand why. The mechanical spider was almost out of sight.

"We'll split up," Percy suggested.

"Uh," Belle began. "I don't know about that. We might not be able to find each other again. And I don't feel comfortable with Grover going alone, especially down here."