Chapter 15: I'm In Love

'Hello, MCHS!' Wilbur Soot announces into the microphone, his voice echoing throughout the gym. The audience cheers as response, going wild for the band onstage, as the members were all popular students. Wilbur grins, milking the attention. 'Oh, c'mon, you can do better than that!'

George didn't think they could get any louder but the crowd manages to prove him wrong, roaring and whooping at the top of his lungs. His own throat feels sore listening to them but just grins, enjoying the electric atmosphere and positive spirit. 

'That's more like it! Now, before we begin, let's introduce all the lovely people onstage with me tonight!'

More applauds and disorientated chatter. 

'Give it up for Skeppy on the drums!'

Skeppy is all smiles, a devilish twinkle in his eyes. He does a quick drum solo to show off, setting off more cheers for the admired student.

'BadBoyHalo on bass and backing vocals!'

'Drop the bass!' he yells into his mic, doing a quirky bassline. The crowd loves him, clapping furiously and throwing him quick lines of encouragement and praise.

'Techno and Sapnap on violins, with Sapnap also doing some backing vocals!'

The two boys do a quick run-up harmony, almost competitively, staring each other down as they perform with a sly smile. The playful rivalry entertains the audience, whooping.

'Fundy on piano!'

Fundy plays the Wii Shop theme, causing the crowd to laugh.

'And me! Wilbur Soot on guitar and vocals!' The man himself strums a couple of chords, giving everyone a dazzling smile .

George feels his ears almost shatter as the gym welcomes and supports the school's favourite musician singer-songwriter. Dream had been cheering at the top of his lungs for each introduction beside him, grinning wildly. He gives George's hand a quick squeeze, who returns it.

'This song is for Niki! And for the couples out there in the audience!' Wilbur says. There's a whoop from the front where a girl George's age and two middle schoolers are. The girl blushes and he assumes it's Niki. He acknowledges Tommy and assumes the one beside him is the aforementioned Tubbo.

'Let's go, boys!'

Skeppy gives them their introductory beat and Bad adds the bassline. The audience dies down to listen, recognizing the familiar song that Wilbur was known for. Sapnap, Techno and Fundy joins in with the melody. Wilbur begins strumming the guitar, a soft smile on his face.

'Well, it's 2:45pm. Wake up from snoring, open dm's. Can of redbull by the bed. Vape is charged and snapchat's red-'

'What's poooooppppinggggg?' The audience sings along, Dream included. George rolls his eyes.

'C'mon, sing!' Dream says, yelling above the crowd.

'No way! I don't sing!'

'Nobody will hear you! Have fun!'

'I am having fun!'

Dream decides to turn his attention to his boyfriend, directing his words at him. Despite the students yelling different words, George hears Dream's.

'I wanna be the guy that you fall asleep on call with. I'll make you forget everyone that came before me 'cause I like you. I'll give you my attention. Let's skip to the good bit, let's consummate out internet connection.'

George blushes but can't help but smile.

'You're such an idiot!'

'I love you too!'

Wilbur announces 'Let's switch it up!'

Bad slides down the bass, going into a much more dirtier and rock-type of bassline. Sapnap and Techno harmony duel on violin in an intense pop-rock string arrangement. Skeppy switches to a casual rock 'n' roll beat. 

'I'm in love with an, I'm in love with an, I'm in love with an, with an e-girl!' Wilbur sings with the audience, with Bad and Sapnap doing a simple harmony. Dream, however, changes the words to 'e-boy' beside his boyfriend. George just laughs at him.

Wilbur extends his hand out to the crowd and Niki takes it. The crowd cheers as the girl gets onstage. She's pink in the face but waves, smiling.

'Mum took away my PS4 so I punched a hole through my bedroom door. I'm not aggressive, I just ooze masculine passion.'

'Sounds like you,' George grins at Dream.

'Oh, shut up!'

'-thought I should I mention, I thought you could be the one to fix me,' Wilbur sings softly. He then steps aside, pulling Niki to the microphone. Her eyes widen in panic, realizing what this meant.

'Oh my God, Wilbur, ah- I wanna be the girl that you fall asleep on call with,' she picks herself back up from stumbling. The crowd encourages her and she smiles sheepishly, thankful for the support. 'Meanwhile I'll find other people to talk with 'cause you like me. And I think you're a maniac. Let's skip to the good bit, let's completely block all contact.'

Wilbur feigns hurt, clutching his heart before grinning again.

'1, 2, 3, 4!'

This time, as the chorus swells up, George sings and Dream cheers for him. His heart pounds as his boyfriend bounces on his feet, clapping his hands slightly offbeat. His hair is messy but he doesn't care. His eyes gleam and glimmer, creasing as he smiles.

George is in love.

As the last chord is played, with Skeppy crashing the cymbals, the crowd is wild, screaming and hooting and hollering. There's an extra explosion of sound and paper begins fluttering downwards. Though it was not regular confetti.

George laughs, raising his hands and grabbing a sticky note fluttering in the air.

'Did you plan this?' 

Dream shakes his head, but the smile says it all. 'No idea!'

On the sticky notes, there are different messages. Every student must have helped. George felt like he was floating. He's never felt so happy.

Dream reaches up and takes a lone green sticky note that had fallen much slower that the others. He reads it, laughs, and shows it to the other.

George reads.

'Simp.'

He laughs, pulling Dream into a hug. Dream returns it, smiling into the British boys hair.

'I love you, George,' the older boy hears the taller whisper. Although the noise was surrounding them, it felt like a distant murmur. Right now, it was George and Dream, in their own world. Just the two of them.

And they didn't need anyone else.

George squeezes him tight, as if to never let him go. He never intends to, anyways. He wants it to be forever.

'I... love you, Dream.'

Chapter 14: 1,051

Total words: 17,541