dix

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖝:SUNFLOWER CAN APPARENTLYBE REPLACED FOR RIPTIDE

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖝:
SUNFLOWER CAN APPARENTLY
BE REPLACED FOR RIPTIDE

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE DIDN'T KNOW how this was going to turn out.

As she followed Rachel down the steps to the basement of the Marriott, her heart battered against her chest. She wasn't sure if it was from being so close to Percy or the nerves about going back into the Labyrinth, but either way, something was making her feel sick to her stomach. She couldn't help but feel like something was going to go wrong.

Rachel led them to a metal door that was half hidden behind a laundry bin full of dirty hotel towels. She pointed to a spot on the door, and Belle saw the faint blue symbol etched into it.

"It hasn't been used in a long time," Annabeth noticed.

"I tried to open it once just out of curiosity," Rachel replied. "It's rusted shut."

Annabeth took a step forwards. "No. It just needs the touch of a Half-Blood."

She put her hand on the mark. It glowed blue and the door unsealed. The door creaked open to reveal a dark staircase leading down into the Labyrinth.

"Wow." Rachel looked pretty calm for a mortal who was just about to put her life in danger. She'd changed into a Museum of Modern Art t-shirt and marker-colored jeans that had her blue plastic hairbrush sticking out of one of the pockets. Her red curly hair was tied back into a ponytail. That and her face still had flecks of gold on it, and it just made her look even more beautiful. Belle felt a pang of envy. "So . . . after you?"

"You're the guide," Annabeth responded in mock politeness. "Lead on."

They descended down the steps. It led down into a large brick tunnel, but not much was visible because it was so dark. Belle, Percy, and Annabeth all took out their flashlights and switched them on. As soon as they did so, Rachel yelped, making Belle jump in surprise.

A skeleton grinned at them, but it definitely wasn't a human skeleton. It was at least ten feet tall and was chained by its wrists and ankles so it made a giant X over the tunnel. There was a single black eye socket in the center of its skull.

"It's a Cyclops, but it's pretty old," Belle voiced. "So I don't think it's anyone we know."

Even though she was still slightly angry at Percy, she said all of that to make him feel a little better so he didn't think it was Tyson. He seemed really distraught without the Cyclops.