xxxiii - after the kiss

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

I needed a whole day to rest after the bachelorette night . So much happened and so much liquor was consumed that I was suffering the consequences the morning after . When I woke up I realized I was not at my parents but instead , in my bed . I slightly remembered how I got here . So i shuffled out of my room to the living room and there he was . Sleeping with his arms crossed while on his side.

"Warren," I whispered . He didn't move or stir , so I quietly moved closer to him . It was probably a creeper move but I couldn't help but admire the handsome features on him . He really was the kind of man that just made other men look small in comparison. Sure Alex had this boyish charm about him, and even that playboyesque quality that made women salivate but Warren had a commanding presence, even while he slept.

I got up and began to walk towards the kitchen when his big hand grabbed a hold of my wrist and tugged me lightly, "where are you going?" He asked while his eyes were still closed.

"I thought you were still asleep," I tell him.

"I was but then I felt you near me ," he opened his deep grey eyes that were now a little brighter , "how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, a little too much to drink last night," I admit .

"Do you remember anything else?" He asks as he sits up , wiping the sleep off his eyes.

I look at him and all of the events from last night began to rush in . I nod and he brings himself closer to me , placing his hand on the side of my jaw , stroking me with his thumb. Our breathing slowed down and became heavy as my memory brings me right back to the kiss we shared on the dancefloor .

"What do you remember?" His tone was deep with a hint of gentleness .

"Us, dancing ," I begin to recall as I wrap my arms around his neck , "being close to each other," he pulls me in tightly , "and a kiss to end all kisses," I say as he lifts my chin up so that he can place an innocent yet heart melting kiss on my lips .

"Aria," he says outloud while touching his nose to mine , "do you still feel the same as you did last night?" He asks almost as if he were begging me to remember.

I tilt my head to the side , "every single bit." With that he engulfs my mouth with his as he lays on me the fiery passion that had been waiting to come out . My toes begin to curl back and my stomach flips,  Warren Wells is kissing me and for the first time in my life everything felt whole, everything felt like it settled into its proper place.

We remained glued to our lips for a little while longer until my phone began to come alive . My sister had texted me , telling me to take a rest today and to bring the man I really wanted by my side . I love her and I can't believe she is so understanding about all of this . I smiled at my phone and then stared at Warren, "did you want to spend the day with me?" I ask him .

"More than anything but I have to go to work. There are some things I need to take care of, but I promise I'll be back here," he says and I believe him .

"Okay. I'll be waiting."

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

To say I was heartbroken and angry was a complete understatement. Did I really just stand in the way of Aria and Warren. How about me ? What of my feelings ? Last night was a blur, but one thing I knew was how strongly I felt for her . More than I did about any woman .