Gold or Heart

Emerald looks at the sky and then looks at the men eating on the deck.

She sighs again.

Talk about anti climatic.

"What's wrong Princess?" Jane asks.

"I...I am happy everyone is alive...I do...I..."

Randy puts the plate in front of Emerald.
"What are you sulking for? Eat."

"Oh...T-thank you Ran---F-Father."

She pouts and blushes.

"I am happy that you all return safe." She smiles.

"It was easy." Randy said.

Froilan sits on the front and put Emerald's plate with vegetables.

"Eat plenty so you grow up faster."

"Thank you Fro---G-Grandpa." There is a pressure that telling her if she won't call him Grandpa, He will sulk.

Ansley also come to put more meat on Emerald's plate but Randy took it and make Ansley eat it.

"S-sir?"

"Can you use your brain? She can't eat that much." Randy said.

"It's fine, I can eat it." Emerald smiles.
"Thank You Ansley."

"Prince---"

"Then you should eat more. Here take mine." Randy said and put it on her plate.

Ansley left with his two shoulders down.

Jess laughs at him.
"Aren't you feeling stupid now? I told you you can't compete."

"I....It's fine. Princess smile is enough."

"I sense danger from you, stay away from my princess Emerald." Zeo said.

"What do you mean...MY?"
Ansley said and touch his sword.

Zeo chuckles and hold his.

"Wanna see if I chop you first, hot shot?"
Zeo said.

"Captain, stop them!" Michael said trembling.

Rageant sighs.
"Good. Make your precious Princess cry if you kill each other."

The two stops and just eat.

Coby laughs and pat Rageant shoulder.
"You are getting better! I like that."

"It hurts, idiot!" But there is a smile in Regeant's lips.

Yes.
The so called war has ended.
With Randy's intervines....The war is like a one way slaughter.
Even butchers will vomits on it

The soldiers that came there all feel terrified.

Even our sweet and level headed Micheal kill count is 50.

This is how they dominate the battle field.

Randy used his Sorcery to take out the civilians. When the civilians are no longer a factor...The rampage begun.

After the sun rises every pirates are dead.

It only took so long because the pirates abandon fighting and run away.
They hunt them down and it took them a while.

Emerald was invited by the leaders of the islands.
But Randy and Froilan refused to make the princess travel to them, instead they are ask to travel to Andromeda.

Count Vellevile also stay. But the other soldiers are all called back to make sure no mishap will occur. You'll never know when the bandits will attack while the defense is down afterall.

That night, princess wore her comfortable clothes and chat with Rosemarie.
When the leaders with their trusted men arrives she left to talk to them.

Emerald is blinking as she looks at the golds and jewels in front of her.

"What?" She asks Randy on her back.

Randy smiles.

She looks at Froilan but the old man is also just smiling at her.

"Princess, we are td that you are the one who painstakingly assemble thr people to save us from our slavery. We thank of you."

The elder said.
He is old with his white hair, he is thin and look sickly.

She looks at them and all of them are thin.
'How are they able to carry these gold? Ah'
She looks down.
Though they are sickly, they need to work.
Maybe they are all so use to it now that evwn if they are in pain they will pretend they are not.

The elders clothes are too sahbby. Even her 'working'princess dress looks a whole new different level than them.

One of the elder saw the princess is looking at his dirty sleeve. He apologize immediately.

"Grandpa, don't lower your head anymore.
You are free now. There's no need for you to lower your head to anyone anymore."
She said as she help him up.

The old man stares at the beautiful girl.

"Uh...I apologize for staring..."
The old man rubs his hand.
"My granddaughter is as big as your highness when she...unfortunately....I hope I can show her that now we are free."

"I see. Even if it is just symbolism...and will not be of help...do you want to hug me? And use it to tell her what you want to say?"

The old man eyes are filled with tears.
He can't afford to hug the princess but he holds her hand and apologize so many times.

After that Emerald understood what the gold and jewels are for.

They all surrender the riches of the pirates.

They said they all take them here and didn't hide anything as if their lives depend on it.

They all look at the Princess and the treasure and lower their heads.

"Won't you need money to rebuild your islands? I am pretty proud that I am a person who values money over anything in the world.....But I am not the greedy type to desire what is not mine." She said. "I will divide the money and give it to everyone."

All the elders looks more lively now.
She felt her heart clenching.

'So they all think of asking for money but they are afraid to ask.'

This is the citizen of their kingdom...not some slaves.

"Please speak free now. There will be no one who will oppressed you ever again." She said.

They all hold her hand tightly.
They all kneel at her.

"Yah...I rather if you stop kneeling though....Urgh."
Emerald sighs.
"Though I will give it to all of you. I think that I should tell you that I will portion the money in 4 parts.
25% each for Willow and Mustang Island and 40 percent will be for the Perosea Island because they are larger and they are the most affected. The 10 percent will be the reward for the knights that come to help for the attack and also for the assistance of the neiboring towns.
This way...Nobody owe anybody. Live with your head held high. You all did well in surviving. We thank you for your patience in waiting for us."

She heard sobbing as the elders and their people cried softly.

It was so repressed that she turns around to leave. She cried but she is determined not to show it to anyone.

A/N;

I dont want anymore crying....hahaha.
I'm glad they are now free.