Chapter 41: Reunification

(AN: AYYYY an update!! And it only took....... three weeks...... sorry 'bout that. But, I think that y'all will enjoy this. Alana's finally back with the squad!! I'm so excited to keep on writing this fic. Do not worry, charis_nikola and Cieralai aren't going anywhere, so expect to see them around here again preeeetty soon!! Sending you all much love! -Rach)

Alana soon found herself boarding a ship, taking off into the atmosphere of Coruscant, and then out into space. Almost immediately as she jumped into hyperspace, she could feel herself relax. She was out of range of the Council, with no one to judge or find her out, and she was alone.

For the first time in weeks, she was at peace. At least for a short while, she allowed herself to focus only on the tasks at hand, which was arriving at her rendezvous with her men, and keeping herself in safe space and out of the hands of pirates and Separatists.

As soon as she jumped out of hyperspace at the rendezvous point, her ship was already there, and she had never been happier to be with them. She hailed the ship, informing them of her arrival, smiling as a familiar voice came over on the comm channel.

"Hailing Admiral Ivanov and the 403rd legion," Alana spoke.

"Welcome back, Jedi," the thick and heavy (Russian) accent came through the comms.

While normally, Alana would grimace at the rude-sounding admiral, she lit up with joy.

"Hello there, Admiral! I trust my men haven't bothered you too much," Alana said, approaching the ship.

"Oh, we've bothered him shi-" a voice came through the comms, which Alana could only assume could be Commander Bash's.

"That's enough commander. Please transmit your landing code, Skywalker," Admiral spoke gruffly, cutting him off.

"Yes, sir," Alana replied, quickly entering her code. As it went through, there was a pause of silence before she heard a slight sigh. She choked back a snicker at the admiral's slightly-disappointed tone.

"They check out. Our shields are lowered, and you have permission to board, General," Admiral Ivanov said.

"Thank you," Alana replied before moving towards the ship.

She was quickly directed into the main hangar, landing her ship gently and smiling as she jumped out. It was almost like coming home. While she had not spent as much time on the ship as she would have liked, she was more comfortable there with her men than anywhere else in the galaxy.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, an all-too familiar face appeared in front of her. It was Commander Bash.

"Good to see you, General," he said, going to salute her, but she stopped him, pulling him into a quick embrace. He chuckled as she pulled away. "You were only gone for a month, sir. It was that bad, huh?"

"You couldn't imagine," Alana shook her head as she pulled away, taking in the sights and sounds around her. 

The hangar was bustling with troops preparing for a ground assault, and the men were milling about everywhere, hard at work. Each person had a purpose, and they were fulfilling their duties exceptionally well.

Suddenly, a small beeping sound called Alana's attention. She turned to see the little R3 unit that had helped her in the space battle of Mon Cala only a few months ago. She had remembered hearing about him getting a small medal for bravery, but she had not seen him since the battle.

"Hello there, my friend!"

He beeped at her furiously, informing her that he had been reprogrammed since their fight, and that he was even better now. He then continued on to inform her that he had been officially reinstated as her copilot whenever she needed him.