39

Sitting in my seat during class, I watch the door eagerly, waiting for Maddox to join me

Sitting in my seat during class, I watch the door eagerly, waiting for Maddox to join me. When he finally enters the room, he's flanked by beautiful girls on either side. One of them is my polar opposite with black hair, tattoos, and a short frame. The other is tall, lithe, and has dyed blonde hair that suits her well.

Trying to tamp down my obvious jealousy, I focus on my notes and pencils, laying everything out in front of me. The three of them chat animatedly, well as animated as Maddox gets, and I watch on like a scorned lover.

"Hey Princess." Maddox's voice breaks me out of my reverie and I jump slightly as he slides into the seat beside me and brushes over my bare thigh with his fingertips before settling his hand on his desk.

"Hi." I say in a small voice. His eyebrows noticeably furrow but the class starts and prevents him from asking me about my behavior.

"We're talking after class." He states.

"So...what was that about?"

"I just said 'hi' Maddox." I sigh, not wanting to admit the reason behind my passive greeting.

"Exactly. You're always so excited to see me." He says, confused.

I shrug. "I don't know what to say. I'm allowed to have off days right?"

"I don't know. I don't do this talking shit. But girls like talking and I thought whatever you were going to say would clear everything up but now I'm just rambling." He rubs at his forehead, making me feel guilty at how hard he's trying to make this work.

"I'm getting in my head and overthinking things. I'm scared that you'll realize you don't want me anymore. Maddox, you could have any girl. Why me? I have no experience, I'm not like them..." I try pushing him away but he holds onto my wrists gently and firmly, unrelenting.

"You're right. You're nothing like anybody else." Maddox snaps and I flinch. "You don't throw yourself at me, you don't flirt with everyone you see, you're innocent and that drives me fucking crazy. Knowing that I'm the only guy who has ever touched you." He lowers his voice and steps closer so that their bodies are brushing. "Fuck Aurora, I have no idea what this is, but I cannot stay away from you. Not when you're the only person on my mind. I don't want anyone else. Just you." I practically swoon at his sweet words. They hit me exactly where I needed them, stifling my insecurities.

"You're the only girl that does this..." Maddox says, picking up my hand and placing it on his chest, prompting me to feel his racing heart. "Please tell me you wore those for me." He groans, motioning his head towards my socks and I giggle. I just give him a simple nod and he drags me willingly into a closet beside the classroom.

He picks me up and backs me up against the wall for leverage. His lips meet mine, teasingly and the darkness in the room swallows everything but our touches and sounds. My eager lips impatiently speed up the hot kiss but he holds my chin and pulls us apart slightly, controlling the pace.

He kisses me passionately, gently, so unlike how he always is, dominating and rough. I love the way Maddox usually kisses me, it sends tingles down my spine and a fire in my core, but the way he's kissing me at this moment, it feels as though my entire body has been set on fire, and his lips are the oxygen I need to burn brighter.

I break away to gasp in a breath and Maddox's lips travel from mine, down to my neck. He places wet, open-mouthed kisses to my neck, nibbling on my pulse point and sucking. I moan and tangle my hands in his thick hair, pushing his head into my neck. He breaks apart from my skin and blows out cool air, causing me to shiver and break out in goosebumps all over my body.

"As hot as this is, I think we should slow down," Maddox says, surprising me. I nod, slightly disappointed but at the same time, relieved. Maddox sets me down on my feet, situates my skirt, and leads me out of the room while adorably fixing my hair.

When we arrive at the house, Maddox carries me upstairs to my bed and settles in it with me, pulling me onto him and turning on the television. He puts on a random action film but I don't mind. The tv isn't what has my attention anyway.

I lean up and strip Maddox of his shirt, wanting to trace his tattoos. He complies and I revel in the way he shivers when my fingers brush over sensitive areas of his skin. After a while of his steady breathing and his heart beating against his firm chest that I'm currently using as a pillow, my eyes close and I drift off.

Even if he doesn't want to keep my heart, it already belongs to him.