CHAPTER 2

"Stiles. Stiles, wake up." Stiles startled, lost his balance and slowly slid off the small chair.

"You dad is here to pick you up. You should go home and get some rest.", Melissa said and looked at him with a worried expression. It was the same expression his mother always used to look at him when he was sad or sick. Melissa definitely was like a second mother to Stiles. Stiles stood up and rubbed his eyes with his hands.

"I think someone should be here when she wakes up. She doesn't have any family. Did someone call the Eichen House already? She shouldn't go back, they retained her.", Stiles nervously babbled and looked at the girl with tired eyes. Underneath the blankets, Stiles could see the sleeve of this jacket. He was getting cold by now but of course, he would not admit it and ask for his jacket. The girls' hair dried and looked blonde again. Nearly white. Just like Stiles could remember it. Stiles was sure about the fact, that this was Selena Wilson laying in front of him.

"We did not call them yet. Your father knows everything and will do his best to keep them away from her. Scott asked Deaton to look after her but he's out of town until tomorrow morning. What do you know about her, Stiles? Why was she in the Eichen House?"

"I don't know much about her. We had a few group meetings together. Her parents died a few years ago and she dealt with a lot of mental breakdowns." Melissa nodded in understanding und looked at Selena with sad eyes. Her physical conditions got better and her body temperature went back to normal but it still didn't seem, like she was going to wake up any time soon. Stiles rubbed his tired eyes when the door slowly opened and this dad entered the room.

"Hey, son. My shift is over, let's go home.", his dad said and walked further into the room. Stiles looked at Selena and didn't know what to do. She should not wake up and be alone, nobody should go through something like that on their own.

"I think I will stay here. She shouldn't be alone when she wakes up.", Stiles answered and looked at his dad. The sheriff pressed his lips together, not knowing if he should try to change his sons mind or not. He decided not to and just nodded, knowing he didn't have a chance anyway.

"I will bring you some breakfast tomorrow morning before my shift starts.", was the last things the sheriff said before he said goodbye and left the hospital.

"Where's Scott by the way?", Stiles suddenly noticed and turned his face back to Melissa who shrugged her shoulders.

"He wanted to see Derek to ask him about Selena and the silver eyes. He left about two hours ago, after you fell asleep.". Stiles grabbed his phone and saw that there were no missed calls or texts. He narrowed his eyes and let himself fall back on the chair. After Melissa left the room, Stiles had a sick feeling in his stomach. Something didn't feel right here. Scott was gone for two hours and didn't call Stiles yet. If Derek would have known something, Scott would have at least texted Stiles already and if Derek would not have known anything, Scott would be back already. Stiles nervous fingers slid over the display of his phone as he called Scott. He didn't expect Scott to answer his call, but he left a message to his mailbox anyway.

"You better have a good explanation for all of this when you wake up. I'd rather leave this town than reading the bestiary for the hundredth time.", Stiles muttered and looked at the blonde girl with a stern look. Stiles knew it was a lie though, he would never leave Beacon Hills and he would never stay out of supernatural mysteries. Bestiary, he thought to himself. Maybe the Argents would know something about the silver eyes. Stiles reached for his phone again and sent a text to Allison, explaining her what happened and what they saw. Hours and hours went by and Stiles felt his eyes getting heavy again. His body sank further in to the small chair and before he could fall asleep, the door opened with a loud noise. Stiles jumped in his seat and turned to see Scott standing in the doorway. He breathed heavily and took a few steps further so he could close the door behind him. Scotts face looked concerned and his shoes and jeans were covered in mud.

"What the fuck happened to you?", Stiles asked with wide eyes and tried to read Scotts expression but he failed.

"Derek is missing."