𝟬𝟳 art of poetic vandalism

𝟬𝟳art of poetic vandalism

𝟬𝟳
art of poetic vandalism

𝟬𝟳art of poetic vandalism

          Unlike JJ and John B, Pope had plans to go to college with a scholarship.

He was going to a state university in Raleigh to study engineering and would be leaving behind home and his friends by the end of the summer.

Trinity knew that this meant the season was going to be bittersweet for the boys. It would have been  bittersweet for her too since Tristan had been in the process of getting scouted for college soccer teams. During his junior year of high school, her brother was one of the star players of Kildare County High's soccer team alongside JJ. While JJ had gotten kicked off the team because he knocked someone's teeth out for foul play, Tristan's car accident swiftly ended his career as an athlete and put him in a coma instead.

The moral of the story was that it was hard for boys from the Cut to make it anywhere near a higher education. Pope, who'd been playing around with model rockets since he was a kid, was the south-side's prized procession since he'd actually made it.

Thinking about all this made Trinity feel bad that her and Ellie were stealing from the Heyward boy in the present moment.

"He already got into college– he doesn't need this stuff anymore, Trin." Ellie attempted to comfort her friend's troubled conscience as she moved the flashlight she was holding around to survey the dark shed they'd crept into where Pope worked on his projects.

The girls had snuck out of Trinity's house after finishing their dinner that night. It wasn't her first time sneaking out, but that didn't mean Trinity felt any more comfortable with rebelliously going behind her dad's back.

"Can't we wait till the morning so that we can ask Pope if we can borrow one of his spray paint cans?"

"And then wait till nightfall to carry out the task?"

"Yes."

"No." Ellie immediately declined as she stepped further into the shed, following the path her flashlight laid out for her. "The bonfire is tomorrow night and we're not missing it."