¬ 4

LOSER CLUB - CHAPTER FOUR

(Ben Hanscom)

"All this time I've been hiding."

"Wait the Betty Ripsom?" Layla questioned her hand gripping onto Richie as tight as she could now as Ray nodded her head, "Oh, shit." Amber whispered, but Ed wasn't so quiet, "Oh, shit. Oh fuck! I don't like this." he shook his head, "How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie asked, "Not the time for jokes, Tozier." Layla told him and his smile dropped, "What if she's still here?" Stanley spoke up, his question made Bill, Ray, Layla and Richie walk further into the tunnels, "Eddie come on!" "Amber come on!" both Richie and Layla yelled, "Oh, god. Whatever is going on between you two stinks more than this sewer." Ray shone her torch in their faces, "G-Good one, Ray." Bill smiled at her. "Bill?" Eddie asked hoping to change his mind. The smile on Bill's face dropped as he turned around, "If I was Betty Ripsom, I would want us to find me. G-Georgie too." Bill's words made everyone quiet. Until Ed spoke up again, "What if I don't want to find them? I mean, no offence, Bill, but I don't want to end up like G... I don't want to go missing either." Ed told him, "He has a point." Stanley looked up, "Yeah, I'm sorry Bill." Amber nodded, the hurt, sadness and disappointment was easily seen on Bill's face, "Y-You guys too?" he stuttered, "It's summer. We're supposed to be having fun. This isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting." Stanley looked around, suddenly behind them there was a huge splash, looking out they all saw a boy in the water, "Holy shit! What happened to you?" Richie yelled, Stanley, Amber and Eddie helped him whilst Richie and Layla got the bikes ready. Bill shone his torch down the pipe looking on last time, what happened next, shocked him the most, Ray wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a hug, "We'll find him." she whispered, wrapping his arms around her back he just sighed, finally letting go they looked back to see everyone watching them, "Show's over." she walked over to them.

"Uhh, I have a question." Layla spoke up looking down to the bikes, "What? What is it?" Richie asked his eyes lingering on her confused face, "Uh, if Henry and others are heading our way, there is no way us three and new guy will get out of here." she explained to them. "Wait, Henry got you too?" Ray looked to the small boy, only to have him nod, "Well, Amber get on the back of Eds bike, Ray on the back of Bill's bike, Layla on the back of Richie's bike and I'll have the new kid." Stanley pointed to all the bikes. Red seemed to cover the 3 girls faces as they sat on the back of the bikes, all they guys told them to 'hold on' so they did.

As awkward as it all was they pulled up in an alleyway, everyone ignore Eddie's ranting about amputation and they sat Ben on the side, "Richie, Layla wait here. Amber stay with them, you know about stopping b-b-bleeding, right?" Bill asked, "Yeah, just get me all the stuff I need." she nodded, they 4 ran off to the shops after Ray yelled, "No making out with my sister!", "I'm glad we got to meet you before you died." Richie smiled only to have Layla whack the upside of his head, "ow." he hit her back, soon enough the two were just play fighting as Amber sorted out the new dying boy.

Eddie pilled everything they needed into his arms as the other three counted the money, "Is this enough for all of that?" Stanley asked holding up 5 dollars, "Nope." Ray said and she looked to see Beverly stood at the end of the aisle watching them, "Bev?" she asked, "What are you doing?" Beverly questioned, "None of you business." Stanley replied, "There's a half dying boy outside and we are helping him." Eddie answered, "But we don't have enough money to do it." she looked to the cashier and said, "Wait until I signal you out, then run." she ordered and they all nodded waiting at the end of the aisle. Watching as the ginger haired girl flirted with the man, she knocked over a load of stuff onto the floor, looking back so nodded. The 4 took their queue to run out. 

Everyone crowded around Ben, all of them panicking, "Oh, god, he's bleeding. Oh, my god!" Stanley stressed, "I'm glad you figured that out, Stan." Amber patted the boy's shoulder, "You're supposed to suck the wound before you put on the bandaid." Richie told Eddie, "This is 101." Layla nodded, "You two don't know what you're talking about." Eddie said whilst holding the equipment, he waited for Amber's commands then he would step in. "Are you okay? That looks like it hurts." Beverley walked up to them, "Bev?" Layla, Amber and Ray all asked, "Oh. No, I'm good. I just fell." Ben lied, "Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." Layla joked elbowing Richie lightly, "Shit up, L-L-Layla." Bill stuttered, "Why? It's the truth." Richie stepped in, although it was only a small action, a light blush spread over Layla's face and her palms were sweaty. "You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly stepped forward, "Duh, I'm doing it." Amber rolled her eyes at her sister, "You know, w-w-we'll take care of him." Bill stepped up by Ray, "Uh, thanks again, Beverly." Ben smiled, "Wh-- she did nothing." Amber groaned placing her head on Eddie's shoulder making his mouth gape open and he shook his fist in victory, "weirdo." Ray whispered, "Sure. Maybe I'll see you around." Beverly ignored the mini conversation, "Sure, in 27 years." Ray smiled choosing a random amount of years, "Uh, y-yeah?" Bill scratched his head not wanting to be rude, "We were thinking about going to the quarry tomorrow, if you wanna come." Ben said enthusiastically, "Good to know. Thanks." Beverley smiled and walked off, "Wha--" Layla slapped her hand over her face and leant back groaning, Amber threw her hands up in exasperation and Ray turned to Ben, "What happened to '27 years'?" she asked.

"Nice bringing up Bowers in front of her." Stanley faced Layla, Amber's eyes widened, "No, don't sa--" she tried to stop them but Eddie already spoke, "Yeah, you heard what she did." "What'd she do?" Ben asked looking up at them all, "More like, 'Who'd she do?' From what I hear, the list is longer than my wang." Richie laughed, "That's not saying much." Stanley looked away, "Yeah, anything is longer than your wang." Ray pointed out and everyone laughed, Layla's face dropped quickly when Richie stared at her and she tried to cover it with a cough. Unsuccessful. "I heard she got jealous when Bill and Rayne kissed in the school play, third grade." Amber teased, her comment caused Bill and Ray to step away from each other and avoid all eye contact, it was obvious to everyone else that their were feelings between the two, but Bill and Rayne. They were oblivious.

All of them were walking around now, around town, it was quiet but there were people walking around. The group were walking past a closed shop when something caught Ray's eye, well something didn't, I guess. Slowly walking back to the windows they just walk past she slowly lifted her head up and looked into the reflection expecting to see herself in the window. There was none. "What?" she whispered, everything went silent, looking ahead she saw all her friends gone, everyone who was out had disappeared, the streets were dead. She was alone. "G-Guys. This isn't funny. Come on. Haha. The fucking joke is over! Bill? BILL? LAYLA? LAYLA!? GUYS PLEASE?! WHERE ARE YOU!? I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE! NOT AGAIN! PLEASE! SOMEBODY! Anybody. Please?" Ray's yells soon faded into muffled whimpers as she fell to the ground shaking, her cheeks were soaked in tears. Ray lifted her head when something new came into view, eyes landed on a balloon, a red one. It came closer and closer and closer until it popped and a clown was sat there. "AHHHHH!" she screamed. 

"--ne! R-Rayne!" it was like reality hit her, looking around frantically Ray's eyes found the comfort of a familiar pair of green ones, "Shhh. Y-You're okay." he whispered, not knowing what else to do, Ray wrapped her arms around Bill's neck pulling him into a hug, "Thank you." she muttered into his neck. Looking to the group she saw worry written all over them, Ray also noticed how Richie was also holding Layla tightly in his arms as she was crying, "W-What happened?" Layla whimpered still shocked from seeing and hearing her sisters painful cried, Ray could only reply with the answer she had,  "Honestly. I don't know."