Chapter 4 - A New Pack

"Got your boarding pass?"

"Yes, Cassie."

"And your human passport?"

"Yes, Cassie."

"Extras of everything in your carry on in case-"

"In case my bags get lost and I'm stranded, Yes Cass" I laughed, dropping my hug with Gabe and pulling her in for one last hug.

The whole family had gathered on the front porch as I said my goodbyes.

"I'm sorry, I can't help but worry. It's like I'm sending my own pup out into the world." She sniffled, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Mom, you didn't even react like this when I went on a two month intel gathering mission." Gabe butted in. I could tell he wanted to cross his arms - to flex for his mate, of course - but they were already preoccupied with holding David in a headlock.

"Because I was going to enjoy eight weeks without you ruining my carpet with your giant ass paws."

"Wow, mom. I'm hurt." Gabe dropped his arms and went back over to his mate, Laura.

Laura is from a different pack and since she arrived here as a mated female, she's spent all of her time with Gabe so I haven't had much of a chance to interact with her. But on the plus side, she hasn't been introduced to all the rumours about me that have followed me for 23 years already.

"Stop ruining the moment, asshat." Trent scoffed. Cassie dropped her arms and then he pulled me in for a tight hug. "Let us just enjoy our last moment with our cousin." He kisses the top of my head then whispered in my ear "I love you, Rey."

"I love you too, T."

Trent let go of the hug and I was pulled into Chris' arms.

"Bye, Reyna. Don't get yourself killed, my little pup."

"Goodbye, uncle Chris." As I said my last goodbye, a couple of tears slipped down my cheeks. "I don't know why I'm getting so emotional, it's not like I won't see you all again!" I chuckled through my soft cries. "Chris, I'll miss my flight!"

"Okay, okay." He mumbled, kissing my head one last time and letting go.

"I love you all, I'll call when I land!" I waved at my family with one had and picked up the last of my bags with the other.

Luna Bethan had arranged for a warrior to escort me out of the packlands and to the airport. Julian has been given orders to only leave me at the gate of the airport; he literally has to follow me everywhere as I'm still technically a pack member until the alpha of Dark Crescent officially inducts me as one of them; the Alpha's are currently handling multiple cases of wolf hunters circling the area. Although, luckily, there hasn't been any conflict just yet.

When I get off the plane in New Orleans, a warrior from Dark Crescent is going to pick me up and be my newest bodyguard until we arrive on packlands.