Chapter 10

I watch in horror as Masky strikes down Jeff with a knife. Over and over and over again. Blood splatters the tiles around him and Masky's sleeves are stained with the blood of his friends. Their weak bodies were spread around him, and they were all in blinding pain.

Why was Masky doing this?

I catch a glimpse of Masky's face, and it wasn't the one I know and loved. It was the face of insanity, eyes wide and pupils dilated. A sick grin spread on his face. The face of a true murderer.

When Masky pulls out his knife, leaving a bloody mess of Jeff on the floor, he turns to look up at us, his eyes filled with bloodlust. I flinch when his eyes meet mine. There was no kindness left in them anymore.

"Bravo, young man! What a performance I must say! Very entertaining to see one put a weapon up their brethren's throat!" Zalgo laughs, a horrible sound, like nails on a chalkboard. He turns to me.
"I think it is now time to see what you can do, (Y/N). I have experienced only a mere portion of your power once before. Let us now behold it at it's full potential!"

He pushes me down to the arena, and I fall face flat into the ground. I hear something snap in my neck and cry out in agony.

Masky eyes me on the floor and smiles wickedly. He runs at me, knife  in hand, and I quickly dodge it.

"Masky! It's me, (Y/N)! Don't you remember me?" I try, holding my arms out.

Masky doesn't register the fact that I spoke and lunges for me again. This time I don't move out the way, and I hold down my scream as the blade digs into the side of hip. The blood drip down my leg, but I stand my ground.

"Masky, please..."

I feel the knife pierce my skin and the tip of it peeking out my back. A tear rolls down my face.

Dark feelings I had been suppressing for long enough, burst out of me. Shadows of screaming faces and purple light surround my body, and Masky takes a step back. I see Zalgo in the corner of my eye, and he leans forward in his seat, eager to see my next move. To see me strike down Masky and leave him for dead.

But I'm not giving him that satisfaction.

It's a pretty bad thought, and could get me killed, but I do it anyway. I wrap my arms around the boy I had come to love and I feel the shadows do the same, engulfing us in a circle of dark and light. I hold onto him, closing my eyes, and press my lips to his.
I feel him tense up, but then he relaxes, dropping the knife and he kisses me back, urgently and passionately. We pull apart after a moment and I say what I had to say.

"Come back to me, Tim."

"Of course"
Tim smiles and it's genuine and happy.

But Zalgo isn't.
"No no no no NO!! THIS ISN'T HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO GO!" He growls. I feel the ground start to shake and hold onto Masky. Zalgo rises and jumps down in front of us, a frightening aura spreading behind him. He raises his long claws in the air, preparing to strike us.
But instead he falls down to his kness, clutching his stomach.

"W-what..? I-"

"Always check your rearview, Zalgo."
Slenderman stands above him, removing his drill-shaped tentacles from Zalgo's chest.
A hatchet flies down into Zalgo's skull and Zalgo shrieks. "Argh!"
"Th-that's for tr-tricking our fr-friend into hurting u-us." Toby stutters.

One by one, the other proxies rise up and charge at the weakened Zalgo on the ground. Even Smiledog gets in on the act.
Someone starts a fire and I watch them tear the limbs off of Zalgo, black blood flooding the floor.

As I watch what was left of Zalgo's body being torn apart, Tim approaches me. He carefully ties a bandage around my waist. I look up and see him extend his hand towards me.
"Come with me, and you can live a life that you deserve, but never got the chance to live."
I take his hand, but the moment is interrupted when Jeff yells to us.
"We gotta go! The whole place is burning down!"