Chapter Fifty Three- Win

(Y/n) stared at the court below as the blare of a whistle rang through the silent gym. Tears streamed down her cheeks as the Karasuno boys held each other in a tight group hug.

  Karasuno had won. They officially had a place at nationals this year.

The gym had erupted into cheers from the Karasuno supporters, and it was quite loud since over half of the school had come to cheer the boys on.

On the other side however, the Shiratorizawa supporters were in disbelief. (Y/n) would've been too if their school at a three year win streak, only to have it broken by some underdogs.

(Y/n) had pulled Yachi into a tight hug, both of them jumping up, and down with pure joy. "Thank you for coming to support us!" The Karasuno boys yelled, before bowing, making the two girls cry even more.

After both teams had finished their cool down, and cleanup, there was 10 minutes until the awards ceremony.

"Come on Yachi, we should head down!" (Y/n) called, trying to yell over the chatter coming from the crowd of supporters behind them.

She saw Yachi nod, and the two of them began heading down to the court, where the ceremony would be held.

  The moment the two stepped through the door, (Y/n) was pulled into a tight hug by Tanaka. The boy hid his face in her shoulder, and she could tell he was crying.

  (Y/n) felt her eyes brimming with tears again as well, but managed to hold them in, because she knew that crying too much would give her a headache.

After a few more moments of hugging, (Y/n) pulled Tanaka's face out of her shoulder so that they were looking each other in the eyes.

"You were so awesome!" The girl yelled, squishing her hands against the sides of Tanaka's face. "Fanks!" He tried to say, but his face a too smooshed.

Tanaka reaches his hands up and squished the sides of (Y/n)'s face as well, making both of them laugh.

Once their laughing subsided, Tanaka grabbed (Y/n)'s hand, and began leading her onto the court. "Come on," he said. "the ceremony is started right away."

  Both of them walked into the main gym where the match had been held, both of them instantly being bombarded by the other Karasuno boys.

  "You're plans worked again (Y/n)! Great job!" Suga exclaimed. (Y/n) laughed awkwardly. "Yeah well, it was you guys that pulled it all off." She said.

  "Okay boys! Line up! (Y/n), and Yachi, come stand next to Kiyoko!" Coach Ukai ordered, causing everyone to scramble to where they were supposed to be.

Each of the players was awarded a gold medal, and the entire team received a large trophy, with red, and white tassels that hung from the handles.

(Y/n) was clapping with everyone else, when she suddenly felt her eyes begin to water again. 'Dammit' She thought, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her tracksuit.

  After the awards ceremony, the team gathered around Coach Ukai. "I think all of you deserve something to eat after this tiring game." The coach announced, everyone nodding quickly in agreement.

  With that, Karasuno was out of the gym in record timing. They all clambered onto the bus, everyone's legs feeling like heavy stone.

  (Y/n) dragged herself to her, and Tanaka's usual seat, Tanaka following close behind her. Both of them lazily flopped onto the leather seats, and apparently fell asleep.

What felt like only a minute later, the bus had pulled up to a restaurant that had an all you can eat deal.

The team rushed inside, Coach Ukai, and Takeda-sensei offering to pay for everyone as a celebration for their win.

Everyone ate, and ate, filling their bellies until they felt like they might explode.

Once (Y/n) had finished her food, she began to feel drowsy, her eyes growing heavier as the minutes ticked by.

She didn't think she had fallen asleep, until she blinked slowly, just barely opening her eyes. and the only thing she could see above her was the night sky.

Looking around a little more, (Y/n) realized that she was being carried.

The girl, who was now fully awake, jolted up, and yelled, "BURNT GARLIC CLOVES!" Making the person who was carrying (Y/n), almost drop her.

"Jeez (Y/n)! Do you want me to drop you on the pavement?" The voice of the person who was carrying her said. (Y/n) almost instantly recognized it as Tanaka's voice.

  "What's goin' on?" The girl asked, stretching in the boys arms, almost making him lose his balance. "You fell asleep at the restaurant, and slept all the way through the bus ride home. I was going to wake you up, but you looked like you would probably punch me if I did, so here we are."

(Y/n) laughed, "I wouldn't punch you! At least, not that hard." Tanaka laughed as well. "Maybe not, but I still didn't want to wake you up. You had a long day." He said.

  Then, the boy's lips curled into a smirk. "Besides, you have a lot of date planning to do!" He said, finally putting (Y/n) down.

Both of them began walking in the direction of (Y/n)'s house, side-by-side. "Oh yeah! I guess I better start planning that!" The girl exclaimed excitedly.

  Tanaka nodded. "Yeah, but can you start tomorrow, or something? I want to sleepover. I don't think I have enough energy left to make it to my house."

  Nodding, (Y/n) began to laugh. "That's a lame excuse to stay over at my house." She said, before Tanaka dramatically flopped onto her back.

  "My legs hurt." He whined, dragging his feet as they walked. (Y/n) turned around slightly, patting the boy on the head.

  "The sooner we get to my house, the sooner we can snuggle on the couch!" The girl said, flashing a sweet smile.

  Tanaka's mood brightened instantly, standing up straight, and walking faster than before. "Come on (Y/n)! Did you not hear the words that just came out of your mouth?" He asked, "SNUGGLES!"

  Laughing, (Y/n) picked up her pace as well, both of them speed walking down the streets of Miyagi.

  Somehow, their sped walking turned into a race, both of them walking as fast as they could without breaking into a run.

  By the time they made it to (Y/n)'s house, both of them were sweating. "How do old ladies do that?" Tanaka asked, (Y/n) only managing to shrug.

  Once the two had caught their breath, they began gathering blankets, snacks, and the T.V remote. "I definitely won that race, by the way." (Y/n) said as she flopped onto the couch.

  Tanaka gasped, before flopping onto the couch as well. "No way! I definitely won!" He yelled, before pulling the girl closer to him.

  "But, I guess I'll give you the win this time." The boy said as (Y/n) pressed a button on the remote, causing the movie intro to play.

  "YES!" (Y/n) said, pumping her fist in the air. The couple laughed, before snuggling closer together, and watching the movie.

———————————————————————————

  FUCKIN FINALLY! I AM SO SORRY!

  I had family shit all week so I couldn't write, and it's makin me sad. I really hope I can finish this book before Tuesday or a few days after, because that's when I start school, and that's gonna be a shit show.

  I swear, school hasn't even started yet, and it already SUCKS.

  Anyways byyye. 😌