XLV

"Frank man, how's it going?" Drake asked, slapping his back as he took a seat beside him at the bar. Frank glanced at him and grunted causing Drake to laugh happily. "That good, huh?"

"Fuck off, I know what you're getting at," Frank grumbled.

"What? Little ol' me?" he said, ordering a glass of bourbon and taking a nice swig of it. "Based on your mood, I'm guessing you still haven't got any."

"I will end your life if you continue," Frank snapped, Drake only laughing. 

"I have to say, Frank, I never took you as the chivalry type," Drake commented, Ryan snorting with laughter. 

"When's the last time you got some, huh?" Frank then asked, Drake suddenly choking on his bourbon. "Haven't seen you with any of the Saint-eaters lately."

"H-Hey, come on now. We're talking about you here. Charlie is eventually gonna be our Queen, right?" Frank said nothing but they knew it was true. "So it's only natural you two grown ass adults do the dirty, sometime soon."

"She's fuckin' recoverin' from being tortured, dumbass," Frank snapped. 

"She ain't gonna be injured forever, Frank," Ryan pointed out, both him and Drake laughing. 

"It's about time you got some, for real, Frank," Drake said, nudging him with his elbow.

"Yeah, getting your dick sucked ain't the same," Cobra suddenly joined in, slapping Frank on the back as well.

"I outta kill all you motherfuckers," Frank grumbled.

Since Frank became President, his brothers have been warming up to him more and more, approaching him to talk and to joke and no longer fearful of his presence. Since he became President, they were able to fully see how devoted he was to the club. They knew he was a leader worth following but also worth being friends with.

"Yo Frank!" Leo called, causing him to turn and look at him. "Doc is here for Charlie."

Today was the removal of her stitches, finally, and the tension between the two had only grown. Frank immediately stood and left without hesitation and led the doctor to the garage, nodding to the men he had stationed outside. 

"How is her condition?" the doctor asked him just before they entered the room, soon finding Charlie was still sound asleep since Frank left that morning. 

"Good, she has bruising left around some of her wounds," Frank began. "Her leg is still sore so she still needs help walking around."

"Has she been eating and drinking fluids?" he asked, readying his equipment and washing his hands. 

"Yeah, plenty."

"Would you mind waking her up?"

Frank went to the side of the bed and gently placed his hand on her shoulder. "Charlie," he called, lowering his head to her. She breathed in deeply and her eyes slowly opened. She turned to look at him, smiling lightly. "Doc is here to remove your stitches."

She only hummed in response and slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Frank stepped away, fighting the urge to reach out and hung her for her hair was messed up, her eyes were groggy, she seemed even more adorable this morning. 

"Hello Charlie, how are you feeling?" the doctor asked, sitting in the chair beside the bed.

She nodded. "Good," she responded, her voice raspy. 

"Are you having any pain?"

"No, just sore."

"Have you been cleaning your stitches twice a day and changing the bandages?"

"Yeah, he has," she giggled, pointing her thumb in Frank's direction.

"Have you been trying to get some movement in each day?"

"Usually the trip to the bathroom and standing in the shower wipes me out."

"Continue getting some movement in each day, even if it's just a little bit. The wound on your thigh will need the movement."

She only nodded and allowed him to check her vitals before he even started removing the stitches. Charlie was still partially asleep during the vitals and even during the removal of the stitches. 

"Alright, continue to keep these wounds clean, if they bug you cover them with bandages. I recommend anti-bacterial ointment on them but if you don't have that use some type of petroleum jelly or Vaseline. Okay?" she nodded again. "Remember to get some movement as well."

She nodded again, her eyes drooping. The doctor chuckled and gathered his things. "Since you are primarily taking care of her, please ensure she does the few things I asked."

Frank nodded and walked the doctor out, waiting until he drove away before returning to the Garage, and heading back up to his room. Charlie had fallen asleep sitting up, her head slightly tilted back. 

She approached the side of the bed, moving the chair out of the way and touching her shoulder again. "Charlie," he called, watching as her eyes fluttered open again. "It's time to shower."

She whined, shutting her eyes again. "What time is it?"

"Seven twenty-seven," he responded causing her to groan. 

"Can't I sleep a little longer?"

"You can after you shower."

"But I'm tired."

"Come on," he said, grabbing her hands so gently, her entire being responding to the fragile touch. 

She sighed heavily and kicked back the covers with her good leg, slowly moving her legs over the edge, wincing at the soreness in her one thigh. She leaned her weight on his hands, allowing him to fully help her get up and stand. She winced once she fully stood, leaning most of her weight on her good leg. 

"Are you alright?" he asked her, genuinely, melting her heart.

"Just sore," she responded, holding his hands tightly. "Can I go back to bed now?"

"You need to move your legs around," he told her, trying to keep his eyes from wondering to her bare legs but he couldn't avoid it. Her thighs rippled with cellulite, her hips were perfect with those light pink stretch marks; it made his mouth water. "Come on."

Sighing heavily, she began walking, Frank holding her and guiding her every step of the way. She limped on her bad leg, the soreness making her leg ache. Once she got into the bathroom she kicked him out. 

"I can still help," he said since she had done this every single time he helped her to the bathroom.

"I don't think either of us could handle that," she called behind the door.

And Frank knew exactly what she meant.

Scrap what I said before, this book is not ending any time soon.

Stay safe and healthy, I love you all! Please continue to vote and comment, it helps me out a lot.

With care,
D. M. Brightwell