14: Emilia

-Vincent-

My jaw clenched as I stared at the back of Freddy's head that I had just put a bullet through. His finger released from the trigger that was placed on the gun he had pointed at Emilia and his body fell to the ground with a thud, along with the clatter of his gun.

Just looking down at him filled me with abhorrence as I watched him bleed all over my marble floor. His eyes were still open as he stared up at the ceiling, the life slowly draining from his eyes. My head was quick to snap in Emilia's direction as she let out a scream filled with terror.

I tossed the gun from my hands and my heart started beating fast as I moved to check on her. My first instinct was to make sure that she was okay.

"Emilia look at me, are you hurt?" I asked her with a crease formed between my eyebrows as my hands roamed her trembling body.

I lifted up her shirt and checked her stomach but there weren't any injuries. Her hands shook as she brought them up to her face. I followed them and her eyes were widened in a state of shock as she wiped the blood off of her face.

"Fuck Emilia, you're bleeding!" I said quickly grabbing her head as I looked for any signs of cuts or wounds.

"It-it's not m-mine...the b-bloods not m-mine." She stuttered out as she started to wipe her face in her delicate hands vigorously. My hands stopped moving and I looked down at her. She was staring at Freddy's dead body and her eyes were heavily fixated on the mass amount of blood that was pooling out of him.

"What the hell happened?!" Salvatore came into the hallway, followed by the rest of the guys. They all looked back and forth between the two of us and down at Freddy's body.

Salvatore looked back up at me and I gave him a nod. He grit his teeth and he called Amo and Gio over to help him get rid of the body.

"Jesus fucking christ..." Amo mumbled under his breath as he stepped over the pool of blood. Emilia moved her bare feet so she didn't step in it and I pulled her head into my chest so she wouldn't have to look at the terrible sight.

I stared at them as they hiked up his body and it only made me wonder how this would be a completely different story if I hadn't gone looking for Emilia. If I had stayed at the table a bit longer, it would've been her body that they would've been carrying out instead.

She cried into my chest and her warm hands found my shirt as she gripped it tightly. I grabbed her by her cheeks and I looked down at her with worry expressed on my face. I couldn't even begin to understand what she must've been thinking. Her brown eyes were completely unreadable but the only expressions shown were fear and remorse.

"F-Freddy.. Freddy.." she stammered through her cries and glanced back over to the blood smeared on the ground. My jaw ticked and I grabbed her hands and pulled her in front of me as I walked her out of the hallway.

My eyes caught onto the maids who were just standing there, staring as if they were lost. I set Emilia aside and their eyes caught onto mine.

"I don't pay you to just fucking stand there! Clean this shit up!" I yelled at them harshly and they flinched and quickly nodded their heads.

"Y-Yes Mr. Fontana." They said in unison as they began to make their way to the supply closet and grab their items.

I rolled my eyes at them and I turned back to Emilia who looked pale. I moved back over to her and I circled my arm around her waist as I guided her up the stairs and into my bedroom.