Chapter seven

[TW: Mentions of Anxiety and D

BadBoyHalo POV

It'd been only a day and a half since the Prince had "gone missing." 

It'd been only a day and a half since Bad's life was turned up side down.

"You bring that boy back her before word gets out or else it'll be your head on the wall." Bad had never enjoyed being in the King's presence, he resented the king personally, but that wasn't his place to say. He hated being around people with such negative ways of life. He hated it, because it only reminded him of how he once acted.

Before Bad became head of the Elite Guard, things were different. Things were even more different when he wasn't a guard to begin with. For a moment, he thought about days of running through halls and the gardens. Shaking his head, he snapped himself out of it.

Those days didn't exist any longer. The boy in those memories was replaced by a stone cold, iron suited, and heartbroken guard. Its true, the Prince used to be Bad's best friend, but it didn't matter what used to be. Because, he hadn't been Bad's only best friend.

A face flashed in his mind for just a moment, and then was gone. Thoughts rushed in immediately, and he needed to distract himself. As if on cue, a brunette walked out from the corner of his eye. Skipping down the hallway, he headed towards him.

"Eret!" Bad chimed, his nice and innocent tone of voice loud and clear. "Do me a favor?"

The tall and lanky guard eyed Bad, he knew him too well to know he wasn't up to anything good. "What is it? It's nearly 10, Im off duty as soon as I hear it ding." His voice was deep and calm, and he was slightly annoyed. Bad smiled and reached into his pocket. Slowly pulling out a long blue sheet of paper, he giggled slightly as Eret rolled his eyes.

"Want to grab a treat with me? I get one for free today and today only!" He was very aware that Eret couldn't say no to free sweets, and was glad to have someone go along with him. Eret sighed as some clock chimed away, signaling the end of their shifts.

"The one with the blueberry muffins you brought that one time to Edd's birthday?" Eret was skeptical, but Bad knew he had him right where he wanted him.

"Lucy's Bakery, where every bite is full with love and magic!" He smiled and held his hands together, leaning towards Eret with puppy-dog eyes.

"Let's go."

POV Dream

He'd really done it to himself this time, hadn't he? George had fallen asleep in his arms moments ago, and Dream was unsure of how to wake him up. Unsure if he even wanted too. 

Good thing he didn't need to be the one to shake him awake, as two rhythmic knocks boomed from the front of the house. 

A small muffled, "Blimey, how old is this place anyways?" Could be heard outside the room. George shifted in Dream's arms. As his eyes slowly peeled open, red and puffy as they blinked a few times for clarity before meeting with dreams.

Immediately George separated himself from Dream's body. Shock and confusion lit his face up, until realization and embarrassment took over. Dream knew he had to be the first to speak, or else this night was going to be very awkward.

"Look! I-I uh," He was panicking, "My sister suffered from anxiety and depression! She used to have panic attacks all the time, so that's why I did that! I read somewhere once, that if you apply a lot of force around someone and uh, get them to focus on something it really helps!" He didn't know why he sounded so desperate. He'd only wanted to explain it to George, and surely he'd understand that. Though, he weirdly had a thought in the back of his head that was confusing him.