Chapter 3: Family

(3rd POV)

It was early in the morning as the sun began to rise. The sun rays came across the land of forest, but most of its light was blocked off by the trees. With some of that light is shined on Jaune's eyes, waking the boy up. The boy slowly blinks his eyes open a few times then sits up. He looks around the little camp area him and the rest of team RNNJR set up last night.

He looked to see Ren and Nora were up and awake packing up stuff in their backpacks while Ruby and Alex were in their sleeping bags asleep. Jaune then began to sit up making some noise getting Nora and Ren's attention. "Morning, Jaune." Nora said zipping over to him. "How did you sleep last night?" Nora asked. "Good." Jane said.

Ren was putting a few cans of food in his pack back then zipped it up. "Nora and I have almost finished packing up. Can you wake up Alex and Ruby for us?" Ren asked. "Sure." Jaune said. Nora then zipped off to Ren as Jaune walked over to Alex.

Jaune then stood up above a sleeping Alex who had a faint smile on her face. Jaune then gently kicked Alex's ribs making the girl frown until her eyes opened up. "Wakey wakey eggs and bakey." Jaune said. "There better be some or I am going to slap someone." Alex grumbled standing up. "Ah you wouldn't do that, you love us too much." Nora said walking over to the two. "There is a fine line between like and love." Alex said.

Ren then walks over with his backpack on holding Jaune's and Nora's. "We are about ready to leave you?" Ren asked. "No, I need a moment in the woods." Alex said turning around walking away from the others. "What are you doing?" Nora asked. "Powdering my nose, what do you think?" Alex asked sarcastically. "Well I thought you were going to go pee, but if it was to powder your nose then good, it is looking a little dirty." Nora said, making Alex roll her eyes and walk off.

Jaune and his friends then walked over to Ruby still asleep with a frown on her face. "Hey Ruby it is time to get up." Jaune said quietly as he slowly shook her. Ruby then began to mumble something until the others were able to understand her. "Alex... we can't do it again here... what if the others find us?" Ruby asked.

Ren, Nora and Jaune looked at each other confused what Ruby meant as Ruby spoke up more in her sleep. "Alright... just... be quiet and quick." Ruby said, sensually. The others then understand what they got as they stood up with their cheeks warming up.

After they processed what Ruby said the same hood scythe wielding girl woke up. Ruby extended her arms and gave a long yawn standing up. "Mornin' guys." Ruby said. Ruby brushed herself off as she looked to see the others looking away with their cheeks as red as Ruby's cape.

(Alex POV)

Once I was done with my business I walked back to camp to see the others looking away from Ruby embarrassed. "Hey guys, what's going on?" I asked. The others then looked at me with wide eyes. "Alex you are back! Come on! We must go!" Ren said rushing over handing me my backpack then walked back to Jaune and Nora who began walking pretty quickly. Huh I thought Nora was the energetic one.

Ruby walked over to me as we walked up to them as best we could. "How did the talk with Jaune go last night?" Ruby asked. "Oh it went fine. Why?" I asked. "I don't know, when I woke up Jaune and the others looked embarrassed about something and were acting weird." Ruby said. "Huh strange, how was your sleep?" I asked.

I then looked as Ruby put her hood over her head and looked away. "I-It was fine, thanks for asking babe." Ruby said, sounding nervous. I looked at her, questioning why she sounded embarrassed, but I decided I didn't need to ask. I then leaned in and kissed her cheek making her look back at me and kissed my cheek. We then looked at the others starting to walk faster in order to catch up and move forward to our next destination.